80 210 coupe & hatchbacks are not the same

COOCHaDAMus

a couple years ago a bought a 80 210 door off a hatchback from a scrapyard. today found out that coupes & hatchbacks are not same. swapped over everything from my coupe door to the natchback door & the window frame does not match to the coupe. so i removed the window frame from the coupe door to weld on the hatchback. update to come

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That and probably the glass too. The B-210 sedan and fastback are the same way, the roof contours differently, not much, but enough.

Rear 510 wagon doors won't won't fit the 4 door sedan either.

On 5/25/2020 at 9:20 AM, afracer said:

Honestly I think body panel wise they may all be unique on the doors between sedan, hatchback, wagon, 2 door and 4 door. 

The 4-door and the wagon have the same doors and glass.

While they may be close enough to fit, I don't know. But by parts number they do not match at all. Weatherstripping do not share between 4 door and wagon rear doors. The partition glass is differently shaped.

14 hours ago, datzenmike said:

While they may be close enough to fit, I don't know. But by parts number they do not match at all. Weatherstripping do not share between 4 door and wagon rear doors. The partition glass is differently shaped.

I did pillage a 4-door for various bits and it all fit but I guess it may be that I grabbed only the roll-up glass from the back door and had that fit, good to know.

• 3 weeks later...

The hatchback doors are a little shorter than that of the sedan 2-door. Doors and glass won’t work between the two. Windshields are also not the same. I was hoping I could get hatchback doors to keep as spares myself but measurements proved the hatchback was short (I acquired a parts catalog later). I can tell you that the door panels are the same. I was able to use those but that was it.

Mike is right the wagon and 4-door sedan have different part numbers for the doors and door glass. Winshield is also different.