Pics, Pictures, Oics as attachments

I have been pestering Jeff about adding picture uploads for everyone. 

He started pestering me back about the 6-speed I found, that he was supposed to get for me with a vq, to use in one of his cars lol.  

I offered that maybe ratsun.net could provide a 6-speed (or funds for one) in exchange for the ability to upload pics? 

Thoughts? 

He did say he would ask Thomas to find out how much the pic upload package would cost. 

Either way I think cutting photobucket and all those other image hosts out of ratsun would be great. No more lost pics.  

• Like 4
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pictures being loaded every time a page is loaded will greatly increase your hosting costs as ratsun would be serving them up (bandwith incrase). As will having the server host them as well as you will need more space to store those pictures.. 

It's much 'easier' from an end user standpoint where they click a button and upload them - but I think imgur's drag into browser and it gives you auto uploads and urls to it makes it pretty easy.

Food for thought. 

1 hour ago, BrothersGarage said:

Pictures being loaded every time a page is loaded will greatly increase your hosting costs as ratsun would be serving them up (bandwith incrase). As will having the server host them as well as you will need more space to store those pictures.. 

It's much 'easier' from an end user standpoint where they click a button and upload them - but I think imgur's drag into browser and it gives you auto uploads and urls to it makes it pretty easy.

Food for thought. 

Yes, that has always been the argument for the current pic hosting strategy. 

These days though, after the photobucket thing and other hosting sites failing, I get tired of finding old threads with no pics/broken links. 

This would stop that here, in the future at least. 

I think we would get more traffic as well, if it was easy to post pics.

I know for me it is a bit of a pain as I host them myself. 

• Like 3