Auto transport

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you could try is ask these companies what other transport company has a good record. Like asking a doctor or lawyer for a referral to another doctor or lawyer. See if one of these is more recommended than the others.

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

What you could try is ask these companies what other transport company has a good record. Like asking a doctor or lawyer for a referral to another doctor or lawyer. See if one of these is more recommended than the others.

That's a good idea man, it's definitely worth a shot. I'm glad finding a dr or lawyer isn't similar to this process though...complete madness.

Also is it running? 

Some companies wont transport non running vehicles. 

I had good luck with Golden Key, not the cheapest, but stays on one truck the whole way. Dont know if they service you or where the truck is. They will not move non-running vehicles.

Edited by demo243
49 minutes ago, demo243 said:

Also is it running? 

Some companies wont transport non running vehicles. 

I had good luck with Golden Key, not the cheapest, but stays on one truck the whole way. Dont know if they service you or where the truck is. They will not move non-running vehicles.

It runs, but takes some effort to get it driving. It needs a new gas tank and battery basically, and tires before they rot...and all the fluids flushed and changed. The guy sent me a video of it running and he said it could get on a trailer on its own. 

1 hour ago, Lovexplosions said:

Oh I appreciate the thought but it's all the way in nebraska! 

That’s funny, that’s where my KC came from! Kearney, NE. I bought it on ebay and then had it shipped to my brother’s, in Las Vegas, NV. It cost me $300 if I remember right, the year was 2004.

41 minutes ago, Jersey said:

That’s funny, that’s where my KC came from! Kearney, NE. I bought it on ebay and then had it shipped to my brother’s, in Las Vegas, NV. It cost me $300 if I remember right, the year was 2004.

I wish I could find it for that cheap now! Some of these places want more than the truck cost me lol.

So fun update. Finding a shipping company kind of sucks. These companies are cutthroat as hell. That said, I picked a company(Montway). It wasn't the cheapest had the best BBB reviews and seemed to do a lot of volume. The next day after giving them a deposit a competitor calls to start bashing them. It was a hilarious phone call, I've never had an experience where a salesperson called and aggressively mocked the other company and told me I was making a bad move. Mostly him saying they won't deliver and me saying it's been 1 day, I'm going to give them a chance to. At the end I was like, they have a deposit from me, I don't know what you expect out of this call, I'm not just going to switch after 1 day. Hopefully I will have an update soon that it is being picked up.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, demo243 said:

Yea it was a pain in the ass finding a company.... So many agents and 3rd parties, tons of junk emails and phone calls.... 

Hope this works out well! 

Out of curiosity what is it gonna run through them?  

For real. So they originally quoted $750, but no drivers were taking the order. I eventually took $1150 and they are picking it up tomorrow morning. Based on the other qoutes I got from carriers it was as low as I was going to get. 

1 hour ago, Lovexplosions said:

For real. So they originally quoted $750, but no drivers were taking the order. I eventually took $1150 and they are picking it up tomorrow morning. Based on the other qoutes I got from carriers it was as low as I was going to get. 

that’s not too bad.

looking forward to seeing more on this truck!