79 kc, stabilizer

Eric

did all 79 king cabs come with a front stabilizer bar? just notice some extra holes in the lower control arms and couldn't figure out what they were for. looked it up in my service manual and i see a stabilizer bar is not on my car.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing about sway bars that people may not understand - they actually help you go down the road in a  straight line better. Not just for cornering. Since almost all vehicles have some amount of bump steer or roll steer, keeping the body equally loaded (side to side) and steady will keep the bump or roll steer to a minimum.

I install at least a front sway bar on all offroad trucks that I build. Sometimes a rear too.

On 9/29/2019 at 9:25 AM, datzenmike said:

They were an option though all earlier ones seem to have it. My '78 didn't so I swapped one on. The holes are already threaded.

I'm getting the impression the '78 and on disc brake trucks didn't get a sway bar as my info only shows them through June '77. Earlier ones will fit as I have done this. The '80-'82 2wd 720 has the same frame and front suspension/brakes as the late 620 so there is a good chance it may fit. 

• Like 1