Aftermarket headlights

TimmyG

Yep the first ones are what I got. The problem is they come with dual filament high/low bulbs this caused all four lights always being on albeit the ones not being used high or low just glowed. I tried LEDs in low only since I figured being diodes they would stop the voltage leaking. Things never worked right until I went all LEDs. I am happy now using the Fanteli brand LEDs. They sell those lenses with LEDs already so that is the way to go.

• Like 2
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get your point canon but it kind of depends where you live. I left the house early this morning (after sunrise) and within 1 mile there was a fresh dead deer, a porcupine and a coyote. There are no street lights just trees that seem absorb all light. Not trying to blind anyone but up here the critters rule the night 

• Like 1

The roads are filled with those assholes around here. They throw HID / LED kits into reflector lenses and burn up the roads. Only true and proper way to run those is with projector lenses with the beam cut off. Yeah the other ones still have the cut off but the spill over, there's always some, is now 5X brighter. Projectors are the ones that brighten briefly when the go over bumps and there is a blue/White flash but they are aimed horizontal and as you approach the other car you move higher and higher above the cut off and are in the shadow.

I have projectors that send a knee high arc welding light out that illuminates the road for blocks. The cut off inside the lamp is a solid 'fence' that fully blocks the bottom half the light beam from the HID, then the lens flips the beam upside down.  All you see of pedestrians are their legs. My high beams HIDs are without the cut off because they are for use only when the road is empty of approaching traffic.

• Like 2