Aftermarket headlights

TimmyG

Can anyone recommend an aftermarket headlight? I'd like to replace all four with brand new,LED style, assuming the light pattern wasn't awful. 

Brand new headlights can really make the truck look nice. I'd like to get the "crystal clear" style lenses, but only if the quality is there. Don't want them hazing over or fogging up with moisture inside.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of had a thread on this but here is my story in a nutshell. I bought the ebay ones that are glass and in halogen. The quality was mediocre on the lenses,  they are a little loose in the bracket. The problem occurs because these are dual filament bulbs meaning the highs and lows are the same. This causes all 4 lights to go on at once and the opposite high or low glowed. BUT they are light years ahead of the stock bulbs. The all 4 on and glowing high indicator bothered me so I ordered Ebay LEDs. Probably same brightness but different color and they operate like they are supposed to. Now that the bugs are worked out I may go for the high dollar LEDs 

• Like 1

Lenses a little loose in the bracket? Any pics or link to thread? I get frustrated with search function on here as it has to be word for word search to be useful in finding anything. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, TimmyG said:

Lenses a little loose in the bracket? Any pics or link to thread? I get frustrated with search function on here as it has to be word for word search to be useful in finding anything. 

Try going to google  type in  "ratsun" followed by what you are searching for.  You get so much of what you are looking for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes I was worried about the plastic hazing and wanted to be able to replace bulbs because I know this would be an experiment. Glass stays clear. The lenses like I said are a little loose in the housings but in the end everything is much, much brighter and something with LEDs really lights up street signs much further away. I don't have much luck with links but will give it a try.https://m.ebay.com/orderDetails?itemId=263800091515&txnId=2479539277016

Lenses

FOUR 4x6" Halogen Semi Sealed H4 OE Style Glass Headlights Conversion GMC
$44.99

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

Yes I was worried about the plastic hazing and wanted to be able to replace bulbs because I know this would be an experiment. Glass stays clear. The lenses like I said are a little loose in the housings but in the end everything is much, much brighter and something with LEDs really lights up street signs much further away. I don't have much luck with links but will give it a try.https://m.ebay.com/orderDetails?itemId=263800091515&txnId=2479539277016

Lenses

FOUR 4x6" Halogen Semi Sealed H4 OE Style Glass Headlights Conversion GMC
$44.99

Yes sir, I saw these on Ebay. Do you have pics of your truck with these? I measured the stock headlights and did notice the width is slightly different vs these.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

Yes I have pics of the process but I am a moron and can't figure out how to get them up here with an android. I know there are postings on here how to do it but man it pisses me off only to not work!

I figured out I could just upload to Imgur. Then make sure to hard click on image (hold) then copy url. Paste straight to here. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

This is LEDs vs Halogen0RQk8xw.jpg

This is good because it shows the difference in the amount of light at the headlight. Now, do you have any pics that show the difference out a ways down the road? Also, what brand are these LED's, and where did you get them?:

Don

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, 620slodat said:

This is good because it shows the difference in the amount of light at the headlight. Now, do you have any pics that show the difference out a ways down the road? Also, what brand are these LED's, and where did you get them?:

Don

Read previous posts for what the headlights are.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

Link is useless, as it is from YOUR order detail page.

No one else can see it, we just get the eBay home page.

The only way we can see it is if you give us your ID, and pass word.

(don't do that)

Go to the original listing, that is the address other people need to view it.

Edited by G-Duax
  • Like 1

Sorry G-Deax yeah I pretty much fuck up all this link stuff. I clean up my watching page and get rid of my emails so I am not able to give an accurate answer and really none of this stuff is high quality so i am hesitant to recommend the stuff anyways. I am keeping your PIAA recommendation  in mind. I bought the cheap bulbs because I was trying to figure out the 4 headlight always on issue. Thought I may just have to go back to stock and didn't want to throw a bunch of money down a hole  Its all good now and I am really happy with the lights. The truck will go into storage for the winter in a month so I am leaving things as is for now.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, G-Duax said:

Link is useless, as it is from YOUR order detail page.

No one else can see it, we just get the eBay home page.

The only way we can see it is if you give us your ID, and pass word.

(don't do that)

Go to the original listing, that is the address other people need to view it.

Maybe just search the name of the item he provided instead of busting his balls over a direct link that didn't take you effortlessly to said item. 👍🏻🤪 Give him a break and don't be lazy.

• Like 2
On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:26 PM, TimmyG said:

Maybe just search the name of the item he provided instead of busting his balls over a direct link that didn't take you effortlessly to said item. 👍🏻🤪 Give him a break and don't be lazy.

Bite me ass hole......

How bright do you guys want to be? Enough to blind and put the on coming car / motorcycle in the ditch? The stock Glass headlights are very bright especially over the plastic covered pieces of crap lights from the late 90's to 2010 unless they have LED'S in them. I understand you want to see, but come on. With the new cars and trucks I have to look away at the ditch so I"m not blinded as it is.

• Like 1