18 inch Titan rims

SirHix

There is probably a ton of rim topics and I have glanced at few of them but I want to start the topic on steelie rims only. I don’t want aluminum rims at all. A friend of mine said to use 18x8 Titan rims. But I want to start the discussion on what makes since to use as far as tires. I want to use a good tire too with a good tread for rain. Now all of that being said, I also would like to drop it 2” all around and level the truck out. Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you are going to have to include some more info to help us understand what you have and what you want. what do you want to do with your truck? street? mud? 18" sounds large in combination with a 2" drop. why do you only want steel wheels? post a picture of your truck. if your truck in not "level" then how is dropping it "2" all around" going to level it out?

• Like 1

Visually Titan steelies are a nice looking Rim. But without knowing the offset it's hard to tell you if you will have any issues actually mounting them. It's quite possible you will want or need spacers to get the look you want. As for tires you'll need to decide what size sidewall you want to go with what with you need et cetera but regardless I've been pretty happy with the Coopers that I've been running on both of my vehicles for the last year. Roto Grip seems very good for daily driving even in the rain and the price was pretty reasonable getting them from Amazon

• Like 1

Im trying to figure out how to upload a picture to this forum. But until I do I’ll try to explain a little more. I have an 81 720 diesel. I want to lower it a tad like add 4x4 leafs out back and tweak the torsion bars up front to get a level drop like 2” or so. 

I bought 2017 Titan steel wheels that I will update with pictures once I figure that out. I don’t know the offset just yet but I will figure that out. I would like the rims to be tucked just a tad to not rub. I have a fender roller from Eastwood just in case. I want to run like a 35/40 series. I was maybe thinking a 235/40/18?

Thanks for the replies and help in the future. 

• Like 1