Axle swap or LSD

Icehouse

I’m wondering if anyone knows the difficulty in swapping in the H233 into my C200 axle truck.  Or does anyone know if a R200 LSD fits the C200.  I’ve been doing a bunch of searching and haven’t found a good answer.   Seems some regions got trucks with C200 LSD’s which makes my searching even more difficult.  Open diffs are annoying.  

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The R-200 LSD can be installed in a C-200 but some parts need to be traded around.

I think the C is a Salisbury style with a pan on the back to get at and set the gears into. The H style are a removable 3rd member that bolts into the one piece axle housing from the front.

Salisbury style like the C-200

11404.jpg

Here's my 4 pinion 4.625 H-233 LSD...

AnA716U.jpg

If you have a Hardbody, the VG powered ones had the H-233 rear end assembly and should be the same width. The one above is from a WD21 and the only other LSD is a 4.375. I imagine the D21 4x4 has this also. The 2wd would be non LSD and 4.11 or lower numerically. You could swap the LSD parts into the 2wd diffs

No. The H-233 is larger than the Ford 9"

7 hours ago, Icehouse said:

My truck is a 4x4.  Your thoughts are just swap in the bigger diff?

I guess with a C-200 it's a KA engine? Otherwise the trucks are all the same so an H-233 from a VG30, should bolt to the leaf springs and be the same width, Don't know about the driveshaft length.

11 hours ago, datzenmike said:

No. The H-233 is larger than the Ford 9"

I guess with a C-200 it's a KA engine? Otherwise the trucks are all the same so an H-233 from a VG30, should bolt to the leaf springs and be the same width, Don't know about the driveshaft length.

It's a NapZ truck.  The H-233 LSD is super easy to find though.   That's why I would swap it.  

The Hardbody axle assy is slightly wider than the 720 and you would need the same ratio as the front differential. Probably the leaf spring mounts would need to be cut off and re-positioned and the drive shaft yoke changed. Jeff this axle is a monster. I loaded one onto my 620 and it took all I had to get one end on. Took two guys to lift the other and shove it on.

lXuKEAc.jpg

H-233 and H-190 axles

yFfflan.jpg

Had to be well over 200 pounds.

Yep it's the z24i.  When I first bought it I thought it had some electric carb, not EFI becasue it ran so bad.  Turned out the PO had the exhaust fire order wrong.  I fixed that and cleaned the cap and rotor.  It's was like a new truck!  It's got 63k on the clock.  Just needs a LSD.  

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

The c200 and the h233 have the same pinion flange so as long as you find a 233 it will go in .. the pathfinder had a "4link" style set up and have coil buckets so the whole rearend wont go in but you can rob the 3rd memebr out of it .. another thing to be on the look out for is abs vs non abs and 9 bolt vs 11 bolt diffs.. you should have the 9 bolt being you are before 1990.

also if you find a truck with rear abs, scoop the drive shaft to go with it being it will be shorter.. The nose on the 3rd member is longer because of the abs unit on it 

• 1 month later...