been a while

blairis

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you thought of cutting a hole in the floor above the spare tire? Fab a metal box and mount the battery there. It would make more usable room and lower the center of gravity. You may need a smaller battery but there is some unused space to the left of the gas tank above the tire.

On 3/31/2019 at 7:27 AM, datzenmike said:

Have you thought of cutting a hole in the floor above the spare tire? Fab a metal box and mount the battery there. It would make more usable room and lower the center of gravity

Did this to mine recently and just buttoned it up..

batt1.jpg

• Like 1
On 4/1/2019 at 1:27 AM, datzenmike said:

Have you thought of cutting a hole in the floor above the spare tire? Fab a metal box and mount the battery there. It would make more usable room and lower the center of gravity. You may need a smaller battery but there is some unused space to the left of the gas tank above the tire.

having the battery here it is now doesn't bother me to be honest, its no show car just a cruiser, i never put anything in the back. when its due for a new battery i might look into it.

On 3/31/2019 at 3:23 AM, blairis said:

Started to do a little work on the interior. Anyone know of a pattern or template so I can cover the wheel arches?? Then I'll get the back seat re-trimmed.

Angela had hers done a while back, and this is how I've seen it done a few times.  I'm having mine done in the same fashion.

Pics of hers in this thread.

https://ratsun.net/topic/72188-71-goon-interior-project-finally-finished-woics/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Probably a long shot but does any one have any measurements, dimensions, drawings of the tailgate hinge cover. These thing seem to be made from unobtainium I can't find a decent pne at a reasonable price anywhere so I'm looking at getting one made but have nothing to use as a template. Thinking of getting it made from aluminium dont really want to throw a heap of money at a piece of 40yr old plastic.wF6yREN.jpg

Edited by blairis
  • 7 months later...
30 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

JSWD92k.jpg

These are mine, I pulled them of an '81 myself so I would say yes they are.

Yours look like after market springs, but too large a diameter for a 510 strut tower.

Thanks for confirming they are 280zx struts. The springs are definitely after market. If I buy these struts I will do a coil over conversion.

I have Maxima (910) struts and brakes on my 710. Very similar to the zx as both a larger cars with an L six cylinder engine.

Yes, I cut the strut bottom spring mounts off and put my 710 mounts and narrower springs on. I guess you could weld them on but instead I used split collars under to support them in place. This makes adjusting the ride height easier and it isn't permanent.

Zym2fxc.jpg

RgfEkVc.jpg

When tight they are rated at 5,000 pounds each. Or the weight of two 710s each