Fuse box lid fix

Icehouse

I seem to remember there being a fix for the fuse box lid, the plastic piece that holds it down.  Maybe Dime Quarterly article?  I seem to remember it being a BMW part.  Anyone remember?  I found a minty lid in my collection.  All the retaining clips are busted off though.  

Thanks guys!!!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There were 5 different 510 fuse boxes. The first was a single row with male spade connectors and  with press on plastic lid like the 521 truck. The rest were dual row with pin connectors and clear plastic lids with a securing push button.  The black push button? Lexus dealer has them 90467-08119

I remember what you’re talking about. It was a Lexus part though. And I cannot remember where I read that although it was either on here somewhere or the Realm

edit: disregard post. I didn’t read all of Mike’s before answering 

Edited by The Taterhead

Personally I’m ditching the factory fuse box for modern mini fuses using a little fuse box but if the replacement boxes are becoming scarce I can pick up an no’s and mold the clear replacements. Of course they won’t be painted but it’s an option if they are getting hard to find. Let me know as it’s an easy one to do with a silicone mold in low quantities.   If I can scrounge up the 10k or so for a mini injection molding machine that would be ideal but I have a full plate trying to get these tail light housings off the ground. 

Edited by G8KeaPoR