• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

Wow man looking good. Can’t wait to hear it fire up.  All burn outs. Yeah

I can't wait to strap my ass in the seat and have it peal my face off. Shit's moving fast so hopefully that'll not be too far off. Shep Trans in Ohio is getting $10K to build the gear box, so for that kind of money you'd think it would accelerate the process. I'm not holding my breath. 

BTW, your little tanker is looking mighty bad ass. Love the line between respecting the patina of ware while taking the mechanicals to such a high art form. Looks like the defining line between the two worlds is the hood latch. Nice touch. ?

Edited by paradime
  • Like 1

New direction for the GT-R. We were able to get the project into Portland Speed Industries so they will take over the rest of the assembly and have it under one hat from here to final tune. Jason owner at PSI has the experience to navigate the path to meet our goals and it was clear the shop in Phenix Oregon wasn't up to it. Normally a shop like PSI would never take over a build in the middle point, but Jason is good friends with the owner of the shop where the motor was built. Not many shops out there who know the R32 better, so it's a real win fall we got our car in. 

Edited by paradime
fixed spelling
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, nl320what said:

When you said you were going another direction, I immediate thought oh crap, going LS or HellCat fully assembled supercharged crate motor for $16k!!! 

Oh HELL no ?   "Rebuilding A Monster" not castrating it.

Our little 2.6L will make 600+hp, redline at 8500 rpm, and sound like the soul of a Samurai warrior having a cosmic orgasm. 

Top of the line 6.2L LS3 crate engine makes 525hp, redlines at 6600 rpm, and sounds like a fat redneck taking a shit. 

But I'm not bias or anything... ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I love the sound of the RB motors, its a sweet lullaby approaching any power level.

But for $15k+, complete drop in full unlocked ECU and harness, senors, everything from Dodge factory for a Hellcat 707hp pump gas daily driver ?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorzelany/2017/10/30/fca-to-sell-aftermarket-707-hp-hellcat-engine-but-theres-a-catch/#60f7a045a2ff

Thats a good deal considering there is more room to tune above 1000hp on pump gas.

I'm already imagining a Dodge HellColt and Dodge D50 truck powered monster.

Edited by nl320what
add link

If it fits in a truck that's great, but a Hellfat motor in a GT-R is far from a complete drop in. Nonstarter no matter what the price.  We've got less than $15 into our engine build and with 600hp AWD it will be quicker than a hellcat. Even with drag slicks people have been struggling to make the 11.2-second quarter mile time that Dodge has been trumpeting, but here's what a 600hp R32 GT-R can do on street tires. 

Edited by paradime
  • Like 1
On 8/15/2018 at 1:59 PM, nl320what said:

Oh not saying you should drop it in brother, its made specifically for Classic vehicles that wont need smog checks and real frames to handle the torque.

Keep up the work on Godzilla, must hear it fire up when its ready.

And this whole time I thought you were saying to swap one in the GT-R. ?

Edited by paradime
  • 2 weeks later...

Car has been shipped to Portland Speed Industries and everything is getting re-cataloged and organized. The Trans is getting shipped to Ohio next week and Jason will prep and install the ECU, O2 sensor, do harness mods and get the engine ready to go in. Truly insane amount of strange nick knacks, doo dads and fiddly bits under the hood. Most definitely nothing like a 510. 

29354349047_a4a23fc561_z.jpg

44290422691_414d244c1e_z.jpg

29354348887_297f7fcd41_z.jpg

44290422331_153a1550e1_z.jpg

Edited by paradime
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

After a month in Ohio, ShepTrans finished and shipped our freshly built transmission back to PSI. Arrived yesterday. Things are back up and running at light speed so we should be firing up the engine and doing some break in cycles late Monday and tuning early next week. 

45388203292_d78b8c8721_z.jpg

On the stand ready to go

45388206982_00d5a7c89f_z.jpg

45388209222_0699113957_z.jpg

In and moounted

31565113338_69b1d259bc_z.jpg

It's not a ragged edge race motor by any stretch, but it will easily make our power goals with room to spare. The drive train and chassis are set up to deal with what ever the engine throws at it, so this thing should be a blast to thrash for years to come. 

List of parts and upgrades

Two Garrett GT2871R turbos 

Link G4 Stand Alone ECU

E85 upgrades

Injector Dynamics ID1300 injectors

Walbo 450 Fuel Pump

Tomei Pancam type R

Tomei Titanium Springs

Tomei Titanium Retainers

Apexi Head Gasket 

ARP Studs

WIseco Pistons