Pulling my L320 from mothballs

zenndog

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Passenger side rear brakes

The Passenger side rear brakes were sticking when I tried to push the truck onto the trailer forward.

I ended up dragging the truck up onto the car transporter with a come along.

3_A7_F2_D9_A-_E401-4_AEE-_BF5_B-6_BCBB6_

A9_C988_A2-98_C2-41_B9-8_FFA-6_FDE315_F3

356_ACE76-1_CE5-4_FC9-_B7_BC-_EE4023809_

Looks like this side was not working correctly even before the truck was parked. I fiddled around with the e-brake mechanism and if it is stuck it must be in the cable, which is entirely possible. Never assume anything right? Maybe the brake shoes are wrong. I will need to take time and compare the parts to the working side.

• Like 1

I can copy these photos and paste them here in 4 steps, open the link, right click on photo and copy photo, paste in the post/reply field, you seem to only be able to post links, if it doesn't give you the option to post the photo you should use a different hosting site, most  do well with Postimage.

8FCc41G.jpg

• Like 1

engine plans are to try to get it running again with the motor in it.

I have an old E1 and extra 320 transmission or a pullout J13 that I bought from a ratsun guy way back when he was swapping his 520 to one of those turbo death motors☠️. I wish I could remember his name, he lived near Sacramento.

CB2_A9_E8_D-_E69_D-4_C5_A-865_E-58993463

• Like 1

The owner of this engine on Ebay is dismantling a complete floor-shift pickup and selling parts. He has a chunk of the parts on the 'Datsun 320 Owners' FaceBook page.

Heads Up !!

• Like 1

So you need the long cable that goes from the drum to the center pull and a little ways back towards the other cable coming from the other drum.

A 521 cable will work, but they don't have zerk/grease fittings, but since neither are available anymore either you need to have one made and then you can use your zerk/grease fittings, or you can buy a used 521 cable assembly from someone.

What is wrong with yours?

• Like 1