620 longbed uk build

frank88

For those of you that didn't see my welcome story I've imported this truck from Portland to the UK. It's in great shape overall and I plan on restoring the body plus a nice amount of modifications making it look and drive better.

Long term id like to modernise the drivetrain but that is down the line some way.

Anyway here are the best pictures i have:

zswXob7.jpg

4i7lgh0.jpg

cn0ftpE.jpg

Edited by frank88
Fix pics
  • Like 4
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

Long overdue update although not a huge amount has happened. For around a year the truck sat in my garage whilst I worked on my house but I have now made some progress. I was also going though the documents the other day and have the original buyers pack. Shows it had done 81k miles in 1981!

HfgnGDD.jpg

bUdcQV6.jpg

This is what i started with, L20b engine with all the emissions stuff

um7hLGT.jpg

With the lower temperatures stopping the engine firing up without spraying petrol into it, i decided i wanted something to do so read all 80 pages of the r1 carb thread! Then I started collecting bits.

First thing to deal with was the manifold and due to a lack of parts I filled all the holes by threading and jb welding bolts into it! The studs were a bitch to get out.

vvTFIzg.jpg

73oW7vD.jpg

CFcbchy.jpg

Cleaned up the tank and filler:

oDmeUh1.jpg

idoeYVn.jpg

Picked up the carbs from ebay for a good price and gave them a good clean and inspection:

3sHyjzQ.jpg

Got some bits from Bogg Bros here in England

YYgc23Y.jpg

Test fit:

kXLFaEn.jpg

The next thing was fitting some DCO500 corrector plugs after doing some research. I had to remove the covered anyway to fit the backing plate for the filter.

FgjdB0d.jpg

Vs3uzHF.jpg

ckX8OlO.jpg

xkG0IHR.jpg

13kAijH.jpg

isV1sXK.jpg

8wFkdbI.jpg

Also drilled the jets out to 1.6mm i think

bT5thVB.jpg

AEFbvHj.jpg

Picked up a carbon canister and a vac manifold, and got the choke and throttle cable in

jHDyccr.jpg

xN6VFtG.jpg

And this is it currently, the red tape is things i need to check over but it starts and runs spot on. Next step is a road test.

Uub1UAC.jpg

The only other thing, is I did a 4 hours roadtrip, getting back at 2am to pick up an original bench and UK rear light lenses. Needs some work!

psaYBPF.jpg

• Like 2