Sign in to follow this  
datzenmike

How does this bumper look???

Just for hell of it stuck on the rear.

8wyQ6OE.jpg

Here it is on the front. I can mod the bumper shock and weld it to the bumper.

l44CBzd.jpg

Looks pretty good. I do think painting ther lower bit satin or flat black would make it look smaller. Or maybe even body color on the lower bit?

• Like 1

I'll try tomorrow. It's still just hanging on the bumper shocks. Actually it could be trimmed along the bottom of that fold line and still cover the ugly valance behind it. A small air dam and it would be gone. I weighed the rear one and 18 pounds!!!

Got some measurements for the rear bumper looks like 5" off each side. Picked up a new 1mm cut off wheel.

I moved the 710 and the other car is in the way now. Tomorrow or maybe Tues evening when the other car is out of the way wayno.

Spent hours and hours straightening the rear bumper. Must have been hit a lot. Had ear plugs in for all the sledge hammering. Marked and cut out two 5" sections. There was a bad mark/scrape/dent in one so bonus. Over 4 hrs at it and now I'm too bagged to try tacking it together. I'll just fuck it up and have to cut it apart. Next weekend. Would be nice to do all the welding at the same time.

Rain every weekend and too dark after work. Finally spent some time aligning and hammering and grinding it. Eventually you just have to go for it. Tacked then welded it up. Will begin smoothing tomorrow weather permitting.

Ground down and welded up two splits in the bottom I didn't notice before. Probably from repeated hits and bending the bumper straight or maybe jacking it up?  Not nearly as good a job as the front. Tacked a few voids but it began raining... again... so unplugged the welder and put it and the grinder away. :mad:

Because reproduction 67-8 Camaro bumpers are affordable the used ones are cheap (if you're patient). Nice and slim

Maybe pick up a set next time I'm down there.

What's 'affordable'?