3D printed Supersonic Grill

Hey every one I'm thinking about making a 3D printed Supersonic grill but I don't have any dimensions. Does anyone have any measurements/ dimensions and good pictures? I don't quite know if it's possible yet but figured I'd try and see how it turns out if I can get the specs.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a guy casting his own out of plastic. He's gone now.. but there is another guy casting them out of metal for $750.

Unless you have a really expensive 3d printer, it's probably not worth the trouble. If you do have access to a really expensive 3d printer..... welcome!

• Like 1

There was a guy casting his own out of plastic. He's gone now.. but there is another guy casting them out of metal for $750.

Unless you have a really expensive 3d printer, it's probably not worth the trouble. If you do have access to a really expensive 3d printer..... welcome!

So...who's "the guy" casting them out of metal for $750? Ratsun member?

• Like 1

Hey every one I'm thinking about making a 3D printed Supersonic grill but I don't have any dimensions. Does anyone have any measurements/ dimensions and good pictures? I don't quite know if it's possible yet but figured I'd try and see how it turns out if I can get the specs.

Thanks

How large is your printer bed? 

• Like 1

So...who's "the guy" casting them out of metal for $750? Ratsun member?

Not a ratsun member. I think it was on instagram? Someone linked it here on ratsun though, that's how I found out.

• Like 1

I have access to a large "industrial" 3D printer at my university. I'd just need to pay for materials and studio time.

I saw that on instagram, looks good but kinda pricy I'm weighing my options, if it's worth the trouble trying to make my own or just spend the extra cash and get it already made. I do like that the one listed for $750 was metal not plastic.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Here's the other thread with the instagram link: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/72354-in-case-you-didnt-know-new-supersonic-grills/?hl=supersonic

The guy making them also has a website, which I found on his instagram profile. Here's the direct link to the grills, allowing for preorders with supposed availability in October: http://love20bee.com/default/datsun-510-supersonic-grille-with-badge.html . He said he would update the instagram thread whenever the grills are actually available.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
On 8/31/2017 at 8:24 AM, nullbound said:

Here's the other thread with the instagram link: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/72354-in-case-you-didnt-know-new-supersonic-grills/?hl=supersonic

The guy making them also has a website, which I found on his instagram profile. Here's the direct link to the grills, allowing for preorders with supposed availability in October: http://love20bee.com/default/datsun-510-supersonic-grille-with-badge.html . He said he would update the instagram thread whenever the grills are actually available.

He is now selling his sss grill on Ebay. I bought one when they where being made. They are very nice, the headlight parts are plastttic I believe but the grill and emblem is metal. I haven’t mounted mine yet but I saw one on a car and it looked to fit very well.