Classic vs. Antique registrations

Can you folks shed some light on the difference between tagging a vehicle Classic vs. Antique? I've almost got my 510 road ready and need to think which way to go. This will be an occasional fair weather driver only.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was discussed somewhere but i cant find it...

I think It comes down to when you are technically allowed to drive it...

It may be different depending on where you live ....

Antique is something like Sundays, carshows and repair shops.... could be an age thing too...

Not sure if classic is much different.... might just be different ways of referring to it.... best bet is to go see your insurance company. At least see what they say first. .. I've heard some people say with classic or antique insurance you may have to have a garage or meet certain requirements....

As much fun as it would be for us to guess at it,, for probably years,, if you use the google and ask the DOT in your state it might be faster,,, i came up with this PDF in about 20 seconds

http://www.dot.state.pa.us/public/dvspubsforms/BMV/BMV%20Fact%20Sheets/fs-ant.pdf

Assuming your info of Lancaster PA is correct.

you're welcome.

• Like 4

Just be aware that greedy tax assesors have been known to misread the over hyped auction sites and assess "antique" and "Classic" registered vehicles at exhorbant valuations when plate renewal time arrives.  That's why I went to the "Vanity" plate option.

• Like 1

Here you can apply for a 'Collector' plate. But you have to supply pictures (lots) of interior, floors, seats, dash, exterior, engine. Must be stock original or restored to original. Vanity plate works too.

IMG_0101.jpg