What fuel treatment do you use?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is separated fuel in a tub that came out of a 521 that sat 3 to 6 months.

DSCN1641.jpg

The truck would not run on that crap on the bottom, and from what I have read it would not run properly on the top three quarters because it would not have the proper octane level either.

That bottom shit rusts metal tanks also.

Here is separated fuel in a tub that came out of a 521 that sat 3 to 6 months.

DSCN1641.jpg

The truck would not run on that crap on the bottom, and from what I have read it would not run properly on the top three quarters because it would not have the proper octane level either.

That bottom shit rusts metal tanks also.

What kind of gas was that?

Wayno I have definitely never seen this. We run up to 10% ethanol 'gas'. It's damp as fuck here from Oct through April.

Will mixing that stabilizer in fix that?

Will stirring mix it?

I'm wondering at this point if we're being told one thing and refineries actually adding more ethanol....

Oh and I'm certain you guys up there have better quality gas.

It didn't mix coming out of the drain plug in the bottom of the tank, it separated right away, but I was not down there watching it, after the tank was empty we pulled the tub out from under the truck and seen it then.

The truck would not start, it did after the good fuel we put in the tank got to the carb, he was lucky, as it came out of his tank clean without any rust signs.

I know about this because it happened to me in my spare tank in the work truck, at first I thought someone pee'd in my tank, but there was too much, so it had to be that it separated, it ruined my spare tank, I don't have one anymore.

Years ago in Ontario some enterprising fellow illegally formulated a few tankers worth of gas from cheaper ingredients. It had something like Varsol, naptha and toluene and some other shit. (I heard some flammable toxic waste too, but?) The cheap cut rate independent stations bid on it and sold it. Naturally it destroyed catalytic converters and may have shortened the life of a few engines from knock. Big investigation and finger pointing. The shit actually ran but probably only in EFI cars that could adjust to keep them running. Someone said the guy was a chemical genius.

• Like 1

So what's the stuff in the bottom.... is it water?

I don't really know, but I do know that it would not catch fire as I tried lighting it after siphoning off a cup of it from the bottom of a jar I put it in, I am talking about the stuff from my work truck tank, not the stuff in the tub in the photo, but it looked the same to me.

By the way, the first time it separated in my tank it came out looking like the stuff in the tub, but the next time it happened in my tank it came out rust colored(orange), that shit is nasty stuff.