Mrjreezy's KA-T 620

Mrjreezy

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The sticker on the back says they were made in '94. A friend got them in a shipment from Japan and I jumped on them.

The barrels are put together with silicone and the faces have removable hardware. Not sure if the faces can come off if the bolts do, but they're definitely at least two piece wheels if not three.

Have you tried flipping the ISIS manifold over to make it a top mount? 

I have a top mount T3 log mani, but it wouldn't fit as a top mount with the brake booster in the truck. However, it does fit as a bottom mount. I'm curious if the ISIS will position it far enough forward to clear the master without deleting the booster.

IMG_20170201_184131691_zpsu6yuanit.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the help Lockleaf!

I would go maxima coils, but this is just a fun budget build so I'm not going to get a standalone.

I have a chipped KA ecu tuned at 12psi for this engine and turbo (bought it out of a running car).

Unless it can work with that. I havent found a thread on zilvia.net about being able to though.

• 2 months later...

I pulled the seats and will be pulling the dash to really do the inside how I want. There's some worrisome finds though.

IMG_20170502_021616_zpsshfestii.jpg

IMG_20170502_180155_zpsf88uls56.jpg

This is the passenger floorboard. If I came down with a big stomp I'd probably bust through the floor. There's a few spots like this so its going to have to be cut out and new metal will have to be welded in.

This is where I wish I learned how to weld more than just casually.

In other news the old gas tank had in weld on it, and I wasn't really feeling it. Instead I bought a fuel cell from RCI. It's a 15 gallon tank so its basically the size of stock. Comes with a sender and ill be running a walbro 255.

This build is taking longer than expected and is slowly trying more involved, but soon enough burn out carnage will be amongst us.

I've got 3" lowering blocks in the rear with "flattened" leaf springs, I'm not too worried about scraping on anything since it's so close to the wheels, maybe when back up, I've been thinking about a skid plate. Keep in mind that my tank is frame mounted and could be about another 5+ inches higher if I had mounted it to the underside of the bed and removed the huge jaz filler neck

F5C5573F-064A-4DE7-BA5F-9EC41780814D_zps

31359868-67DF-45AA-923C-1909C68F9653_zps