Ziggy's Stardust

ggzilla

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool find. I cann't remember if I have that issue or not. What was the month/year on that one? Does it have an orange cover?

Ziggy's Stardust was at the first run I attended in May 1975. It was like the spread shown here with the exception of the megaphone pipes that I copied somewhat on Choptana. The truck was black with red and blue pinstriping. Notice the definate 70s style of pinstriping, which isn't done much today. Most 70s pinstripe jobs were "block" jobs. Just basic blocking of the sides and panels. That style is too time consuming for most pinstripers today. The lettering was gold. Most trucks (and boats, bikes, vans, etc.) were named in the 70s. The bulk of them having the name painted on the rear of the bed. Interestingly enough, Dwyane had His done on the front of the bedsides. Those hood scoops were actually VW aftermarket bubble vent opening rear side windows. He also had one of the first vanity plates that I had ever seen. Grodie. The rear view is dark but it looks like those megaphone pipes are there. Funny that He didn't remove His spare tire chain before the photoshoot. I cann't imagine why a photo of just the underside of His truck was put in the magazine unless those pipes are there.

• 3 years later...