1/4 windows

510er

posted on the realm thought i would bring over here to

Do your 1/4 windows look like this?

DSCF1060.JPG

DSCF1053.JPG

DSCF1055.JPG

I CAN FIX THIS!!! :mrgreen:

With a zinc spray arc welder and a little finesse these windows will look like new by the end of the week. If your 1/4 windows look like this or you have small hard to replace parts that are rotten contact me and lets get them repaired

Rust repair is my main source of income so if you need windows fixed follow this thread and then if you like what you see ship me your window frames and I will sandblast them repair them and put them in primer.

When this set is finished i will post how much it would have cost.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Do your 1/4 windows look like this?

DSCF1060.JPG

DSCF1053.JPG

DSCF1055.JPG

I CAN FIX THIS!!! :mrgreen:

With a zinc spray arc welder and a little finesse these windows will look like new by the end of the week. If your 1/4 windows look like this or you have small hard to replace parts that are rotten contact me and lets get them repaired

Rust repair is my main source of income so if you need windows fixed follow this thread and then if you like what you see ship me your window frames and I will sandblast them repair them and put them in primer.

When this set is finished i will post how much it would have cost.

here are the after pics this is the same window frame after my repair... inside and outside of the corner

PC140037.JPG

PC140042.JPG

PC140041.JPG

in the top two pictuers there is a piece of metal that is not shown in the after pictures. That is because I haven't spot welded it on yet ill get those pictures early next week. The only thing left to do is spot weld those pieces on sand it and squirt some primer on it.

This repair was done using 100% metal there is no bondo in here. This is a Spray arc zinc welder check it out at

http://www.rustbusters.com that is where we purchased the machine.

***PRICES***

If you send me your windows with glass and rubber removed i will sandblast fix the rust and put in primer and return to you for roughly $350.00 U.S. for a pair If the rust in yours is not as bad your cost will go down and vise versa. Upon receipt of the windows i will immediately do an assessment and give you a price based on how bad your windows are. Obviously if you send me the windows with rubber and glass in them it is going to cost a bit more seeing that i have to spend the time to get the glass and rubber out AND not break it... If you have special circumstances PM me and we will talk.

Furthermore if you have some parts that need repairs like this done feel free to PM me and we can talk about that as well.

my shipping address is 99005 if you want to calculate shipping.

yea a few people have said the same thing... ill post sanded pics on monday these are not totally finished so finished pictures will be up soon. I just wanted to post these so people could see something.

Zinc is a soft metal im going to take some 320 and knock it down on these particular windows ill have to file a few spots because it will be impossible to sand a few spots but to answer your question yes it sands easy and yes it will be smooth as butta when im finished :cool:

hehehe....I want one of those!!! :) thanks for the updates! Sweet! Maybe Santa will bring me $30K! :)

yea for real! :lol: Even despite the economy we have a few big jobs lined up right now a 55 chevy truck and a 56 chev truck. a 74 blazer complete rig, a 31 model A etc etc etc so the 30k investment is paying itself of.

for everyone thats not mike wondering what we are talking about... The machine used to do this basicly comes with a 30k price tag

http://www.rustbusters.com/busop.html

so if your thinking 350 for windows :fu: I understand! :lol: but remember every job is different so price is flexible also i accept partial payment in 510 parts:lol:

okay so here are some pics after i did a light sanding. this part doesnt much matter for smoothness because its getting covered by the another piece of metal but you get the idea. its really easy to sand. as for the rough inner channel i took the rough spots down It is not totally smooth but if you just lube up the seal before instalation it will slide in just fine :mrgreen:

DSCF1421.JPG

on the bottom one i sanded the inner lip a bit more but the pictures had bad glares..

DSCF1424.JPG

Im not getting much/any response on this whats up? waiting for the finished product?

I'm lovin' the pics! I see the same thing on some of my "how-to" and build threads. Not a lot of response, but if you watch the "views" number, it constantly goes up.

yea i hear yea! if everything goes well over the next couple of days... which im sure it wont haha ill be able to get these in primer and post some finished pics. Im trying to sell my jeep so my work hours are getting all messed up

Excuse my stupidity, but how in the hell does that work?

HAHA thats pretty much what i said when i first saw/heard of it :D

here it is in a nut shell. Its a zinc wire feed wire with two spools of wire. one is positively charged and one is negatively charged. the two wires feed into each other in front of a air nozzle. when the positive hits the negative it arcs and the air sprays the molten zinc. So its a zinc spray arc welder. Essentially galvanizing what ever you want.

that answer your question?:lol:

no, it begs another... would that work on the rockers?

It will work on anything! well almost. Check out the companys website that makes this machine http://www.rustbusters.com

check out my build thread over on the realm

http://www.the510realm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9985

all the rust pictures in that thread i can fix with this machine I dont have to cut it all out and start over from scratch :D

So YES IT WILL WORK ON ROCKERS! it will work on floors; rockers, trunk, fenders, flares, windshield frames... etc it will work on any material that is capable of being galvanized

last year when we first got the machine we accidently got some overspray on the handle of a body hammer... its still stuck to it! this stuff is awesome!

It doesnt get to hot so it wont warp a panel.

BRING ON THE QUESTIONS!

If you are shooting say on a rocker and there is space behind what your welding, does it fill the entire space up or just the open hole your filling? Do you understand what I'm asking? Not sure if I worded that correctly. It seems like it would just shoot into the back panel of the rocker.

haha yea i know what you are asking. Basicly if you have access to the back side of what your repairing and its a really big hole... like bigger than 3x3 ish then it needs a backing material so that it doesnt just blow through. then you build up the zinc over itself.

with the zinc you can put it on really thin or you can spray for a while and build it up really thick

also part of the answer is a trick to the trade that can not be reviled :fu: haha

but to continue onto if you have a big hole and cant get to the back side... then you can still use this just apply a couple different techniques that are also tricks to the trade.

im trying not to sound like a dick here but if i put it out there exactly how i do the repairs then it might trickle down to the other guys that own this same welder that didnt pay to go to the training so thats not so cool on my part.

No problem. I see what you mean. I understand a little better how it works now. That is some neat ass shit.

It is pretty cool and i learn new tricks to it pretty much every time i use it. I use it over the top of all my welds and it ensures that there are no pin holes and they will never rust. its definitely something that comes in handy with these old cars

Okay these are basicly finished, all i have to do is put a little spot putty on a couple spots and primer it.

these are the new pieces spot welded in

DSCF3006.JPG

I rattle canned a little primer on it so its all one color.

DSCF3022.JPG

DSCF3010.JPG

So just to reiterate whats at the top of the first page of this thread. If you send me your windows they will be sandblasted, repaired and all the body work will be done, then they will be sprayed with epoxy primer (not rattle can) The only thing that you will need to do is paint your desired color, replace the rubber, glass and instal!

• 2 weeks later...