New to this forum

crew521

That is where I stretched my work truck, 24 and one half inches, and that frame stretch was over built to handle how I use that truck, it is a truck, and I load it to the max, just ask anyone on here. 

I am waiting to see the cab extension, I was hoping for a true double/crew cab with a top, but what interests me the most is the door hinges and jam mechanism.

I had this idea of the suicide door, but without a post, what I thought might work is to put the hinges at the rear and get it working(opens/closes), but the front would be welded to the post at first, once everything was done(door welded to post, front door works properly), then I would cut the post at the bottom and top free and cap both ends(top/bottom), then I would need to figure out a way to lock the back door in position(top/bottom) so the front door would close and stay closed.

This way the opening would be huge when both doors were open, it would be very easy to get in and out of the back seat, and the back door would only be a half/three quarter door, I have looked at all the newer trucks made that way, but they are way complicated/over built to last, I just don't have the brains to make something like that from scratch, also the rear hidden hinges are out of my fabrication level also, there is not a lot of room back there, the cab curves around right in back of the door jam, I am sure there is something I could buy, but I am too cheap to pay for new aftermarket hinges, I recycle everything, I use what I have or I just don't do it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20160630_231243_zpsurj3btxm.jpg

tacket all in place all function is there..not time to gusset stuff and do a littlr plate work B) ....

20160630_232305_zpstqllfhqi.jpg

20160630_233143_zpsrucmt87h.jpg

20160630_232857_zpsfb7fzhc2.jpg

1 of the many bed mounts i plan to plate up and utilize will work perfectlt littl plat on my lower bar bam bagged

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

so because i wanted rear windows to function i didnt cut door..but i did cut out wing window and plan a top mount plexiglass midle(3rd) window that is staionary DONT want a sheet metal eye sore(ITWILL BE UNIQUE FOR SURE) and blindspot...between door i will be moulding back portion of rear fender side for side and the cut out piece on cab as 1 to take up the space(i know not typicle having metel between doors but again unique and cool like the rest of this crazy plan lol)

• Like 1

sorry my photo bucket wasnt staying kept up..had to buy more space just to keep posting lol...this all has happen in the last week and no counting weekends :thumbup:

definatly TIRED ..but be at that show i promised..wife been out 2 night a week sandblasing parts and paintinf and pulling manifold water pump valve covers ect..and hell yeah shes HOT and gets down in the shop... :devil: ..no prob getting dirt under her pertty nails..shes a speacial lady i tell u guys that....so suportive of this and knows when to kick in and help ..she even installed the shit back on engine and rebuilt carb..a few little directions and shes off and running..

• Like 1

20160715_000843_zpskt0zf81i.jpg

used some  rear chunks of cab to tack for looks and strength across my pillar fillins..gonna do the samw on the inside i did the tacks inside to top anll tacke for streanght and i like that loo :) 

• Like 1