Newbie with a rare find RL-411

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Updated pic of my baby!

Dropped the front on Roadster springs and (just for the hellofit) bolted on a set of rare JDM GAB Sport wheels I had here at the house....

3-2-17902-l-q66rrO72mCHdmjFtOcyWw.jpg

Next up: Cut and buff the paint, rebuild the carbs, and drive her all over creation!

Man I like that. :D

I had a 67 411 wagon but when I started to look for parts I jumped ship and did a 510 wagon. Guess I should have kept the 411. I had no idea one could look so clean.

Wow

Very clean

Nice wheels, what offset?

Did you use roadster comp springs or .....?

How much did it lower?

Was looking at 2 different types of roadster spring

More pics

Thanks - The interior is amazing on this car.

16x7 +32, 16x8 +32. I thought they'd be sunken, but they're actually nice and flush.

Springs I used are ALLEGEDLY Roadster springs (the prior owner threw them in with the sale), but after I installed them, and then did some work on my Roadster, I'm not so sure. Oh well - They're round and boingy, so they're springs. ;)

It lowered the front about 3" - It had some pretty bad rear sag, so now it's level. :D

No, it appears he sold it to a guy in CA who didn't keep it long... I bought it from him, and he turned a tidy profit.

I was a little disappointed with the fact that his pics for the auction conveniently "left out" some of the *issues* the car has, but now that I have it home, I'm pleased with my purchase.

Joke's on them when it's one of 20 or so remaining in driveable condition in the US!

No, it appears he sold it to a guy in CA who didn't keep it long... I bought it from him, and he turned a tidy profit.

I was a little disappointed with the fact that his pics for the auction conveniently "left out" some of the *issues* the car has, but now that I have it home, I'm pleased with my purchase.

Joke's on them when it's one of 20 or so remaining in driveable condition in the US!

great car and good score

• 4 months later...

Troy the original poster here again. I'm glad to see the 411 made it to a good home. It looks great. Bodywork and paint look good and the wheels are the shiznit. I sent you a pm with the history of this wagon. The guy you bought it from is an actor down in hollywood. Anyhow check your pm for full details.

I found another 411 sss wagon down here in the area. I'm working on buying that one too. I seem to have a nack for finding great deals on cars. Anyhow check your pm, you have mail. Troy