Inspiration

Lets see what your inspiration has been for your truck or car build. Or if is just you and yourself is the inspiration...but here is mine, I absolutely love this truck from the first time I saw it. I know you have all seen this truck, The smooth 620.

So this has been my inspiration for my build that I about to venture on. It will most definitely influence my build.

0807mt_09_z1979_datsun_620left_fron.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That truck is the shit. Soo nice :cool:

Other than the trucks and projects I see on here, my main inspiration would have to be my old 73 620 and 80 720 KC I had when I was in school. The 73 gave me an appreciation for the body style and the 80 gave me an appreciation for the leg room. :D

When I figured out that I needed a pickup again, I started searching for a 620 KC.

Then I blew the motor which started the build I'm in the middle of now...I'm trying to bring together my different influences to build 'my' perfect parts hauler. There will be a bit of minitruck tech, race tech, wheeler tech and a bit of ratsun thrown in. Hopefully when all is said and done, I'll have a bitchin runner that's reliable and fun as hell. :)

I'm not 'into' the lowered look but can appreciate a nice job. Gotta love Black. The absence of color forces you to look at everything else more closely. It intensifies the gray grill, chrome bumper and trim pieces. Luckily the rims weren't the usual overdone, overchromed POS that should only be seen on a war chariot! I like this one.

Nice, that is a real clean truck... I totally agree with Mike, it's not over-chromed and it definately makes you look at how the truck was built, not how it's painted. Very cool.

I think I'm taking a bit of everything for my truck... when you think about it it's really a total mess. I want the paint to be sort of rat-rod-ish, the front end is part rallye car and part classic. The rear-end is going to be more street truck. The interior is going to be more classic British. I'm sort of all over the place with it, but hopefully it'll all work out in the end.

I agree, that is why I like the smooth 620, not overly done with the chrome, but just enough to bring attention. I know mine won't have the cab welded to the bed and mine is a KC but still this thing is so clean and the lines just flow. I look at this and just start to understand what Fisch see's when he looks at these things. It just looks so clean not cluttered and overly done with the chrome so you look at it and say that will never be driven on the street. "Trailer Queen"