looking for input on which manifold to use for dcoe on 620

joshiroku

hey guys i used the search function but i didnt come up with a solid answer.

ive got a 78 620 and im going to install some 40 dcoe webers. im wondering which of the intake manifolds available will allow me the least amount of headache with installation and brake booster clearance???

any pics of actual setups in 620 pickups would be great as well

• Like 1
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 50mm DCOEs extend 8" out from the head, measured from the gasket surface to the flange where the velocity stacks bolt on.  The back corner of the carb is about even with the back of the rear exhaust port (edge of the internal bore) and yours will likely be the same outside dimensions.  My manifolds are from Pierce Manifold - cheaper than Ebay.  I never fitted them to the engine while the brake booster was in place so I don't know if they'll fit.  

hey guys i used the search function but i didnt come up with a solid answer.

ive got a 78 620 and im going to install some 40 dcoe webers. im wondering which of the intake manifolds available will allow me the least amount of headache with installation and brake booster clearance???

any pics of actual setups in 620 pickups would be great as well

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/category_s/99.htm

That's exactly what I was thinking for Josh.  Power (vacuum) anything is pointless with DCOEs.  You need to get the distributor reworked as well - no vacuum advance and a different advance curve to deal with the low vacuum and low velocity through the carbs, which provide less than uniform low-rpm fuel mixture.  Basically, they over fuel and there's nothing you can do about it except tweak idle jets and emulsion tubes as far as you can go, plus advance the heck out of the timing to start burning the fuel earlier.