datsun 620 j15 manifold a15

rheecey21

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone can help me out.

I'm in the process of trying to find a manifold to suit twin/single sidedraft webers.

I was wondering if I could use a a15 manifold on my j15 or I'd there anything else that will fit my j15 in the realms of sidedraft.

Any help would be great!!!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those of you who know for sure will have to pardon my ignorance, but isn't the J motor basically the same as a BMC B series motor? Or is is more similar to the BMC A series motor?

In either case, a SU manifold from a Sprite/Morris Minor/Mini or a manifold from a MGB should work. There are guys here who have done it. You may want to poke around the 320 or 520 section.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/27066-that-double-carburetor-thingee-for-a-j15/

Some reading on the topic.

It was the first result on Google from the search "Datsun j15 side draft". There should be more if you keep looking, and also try the other engine sizes in that search string like "j14" or whatever.

You could try this Patriot/exhaust header(H4800-1)

http://www.autozone.com/exhaust/exhaust-header?filterByKeyWord=H4800-1&fromString=search&isSearchByPartNumber=true

This is a early MGB GT exhaust manifold that might work on a RHD truck without the steering column on the left side.

DSCN4720.JPG

DSCN4722.JPG

As mentioned, these parts are for the early MGB engine that the E1 and J series are copies of, there is also a normal exhaust manifold with one outlet for the normal MGB cars, that would likely work also, but I have no photos of that manifold.

Here are dual SUs for an early MGB, they should bolt right to the J series head.

DSCN4745.JPG

Other side with air filters

DSCN4743.JPG

Another set that shows the linkage

DSCN4902.JPG

DSCN4903.JPG

These early MGB dual SU carb assemblies should work for you, but you will need to either come up with another exhaust manifold like I mentioned in my last post, or you will need to make a block off plate for your exhaust manifold if the dual SU setup clears it.

If you find a dual SU setup for sale over there, maybe you could get the exhaust manifold also.

I just searched Ebay Australia and found nothing over there, I found just a manifold but, you want something complete with everything including linkage, preferably something off a running car.

You could also look for something like this, I don't know what to call it exactly, but they are out there or you could likely buy a setup complete from Pierce, but expect to pay quite a bit.

DSCN3037.JPG

DSCN3038.JPG

I just found this on the Gumtree site over there, it was the only thing I was able to find over in Australia from my chair in my dining room fast.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/castle-hill/engine-engine-parts-transmission/mgb-weber-manifold-by-lynx/1093775160