headlights

brysjclue

In defence of the guy guy who said "blow me" a bit too early, only three search results came up when searching for "headlight."

Damn, you're right. Now that blows. :D

If that happens, odds of getting flamed and/or wise ass comments are slim and none if you preface your post with "Hey, I tried searching on "whatever", but could not find the info I need. Does anyone know....."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

p><p>I

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/ppeters914/280ZXwaterinlet.jpg' alt='280ZXwaterinlet.jpg'>

If anyone knows where I can get the one in the top pic (yes, I understand they came on '79-'81 280ZX motors), lemme know please.

They would also be on the '80-'84 810/Maxima. Hmm not sure about the outlet some were just the heater hose with that 'TEE' inline.

Edited by datzenmike
They would also be on the '80-'84 810/Maxima. Hmm not sure about the outlet some were just the heater hose with that 'TEE' inline.

You mean the one I want also came on '80-'84 Maximas? Want to clarify since you included the pic of what I do -NOT- want.

This is pretty funny. I DID A SEARCH AND THIS WAS ONE OF 8 THREADS THAT CAME UP. And none of the others really cover what I'm looking for.

1) I understand the yellow lense lights are out of Mercades. More for looks than anything else. Wouldn't mind finding a set.

2) I hear of the ellipsoid lights. What the hell are they out of? I am guessing BMW. Is this correct? I would like to know the year/make/model please.

Edited by Jester

If I remember right its 91-92 3series and 89??-95 5series bimmers... search ellipsoid on ebay, that will turn up lots of results, and for install instructions there is some helpful (though brief) info in my thread here: http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=5482

You have to be a bit more creative to fit them into a 521 because of the headlight buckets, so the Hella's are a better choice for the 521 in my opinion. Sure there are less expensive choices, but I have tryed 4 different brands before settling on the Hella E-code lights... I found them to be FAR superior to the "cheaper" brands... your results may vary. If you hate it when an oncomming car blinds the shit out of you due to maladjusted lights (or any reason really)... get the hellas. :thumbup:

You'd think I worked for them... :rolleyes:

Edited by zuum510

Recommended course of action to fixing headlights.

1:Wireing. Replace the entire headlight harness with a heavyduty one with relays. Some people, me, prefer a fused relay per light. You can buy off the shelf universal harness.

2:Power. Bigger alternator will supply more power to make the most of the new harness. More power=more light. As an added bonus the bigger alternator will also power your stereo better.

3:Lights. Easiest route would be grab some Hella 5 3/4" replacement lights. If you can get the E code versions, european beam pattern is much better then DOT. Next step up would be Cibie SC headlights, the difference is worth the price. Next up again is the projector type, late '80s BMW headlights. Hella also does a newer design projector. All these use halogen bulbs, DO NOT USE HID IN THEM

For HID you really need specific HID low beam lights, HID in high beams are fine. Use of HID in halogen lowbeam, especially DOT lights, is useless, dangerous and illegal.

The yellow lights people talk about are W123 Mercedes FOG lights. They are useless for use as high beam lights, they throw a low, wide pattern. If you want to have them, use an H4 high/low main light and wire the fogs up as fogs, if you can they work best when used just with running lights. They also look cooler then.

Most importantly, check local laws.

thats a lot of money for something your gonna be cutting up to make fit. plus they're kinda ugly... but that one mans opinion.

thats a lot of money for something your gonna be cutting up to make fit. plus they're kinda ugly... but that one mans opinion.

ahh, Ive seen the cut-up threads of a few people, wasnt sure if it was required for all the bmw projectors.

2eDeYe thanks and one more question, what year/model on the saturn?

santis im not sure on those but most projectors for new cars the projector moves to give better visibility and that could also mean more money, your best bet is hitting the yard and hopefully you can find some, whenever i go i always look for ellipsoids and ambers cause i know people want em, if i come across some i will let you guys know

2eDeYe thanks and one more question, what year/model on the saturn?

santis im not sure on those but most projectors for new cars the projector moves to give better visibility and that could also mean more money, your best bet is hitting the yard and hopefully you can find some, whenever i go i always look for ellipsoids and ambers cause i know people want em, if i come across some i will let you guys know

i thought those were just "modded" ellipsoids that have the angel eyes. like these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E30-ELLIPSOID-HELLA-HI-BEAM-HEADLIGHTS-NON-SMILEY_W0QQitemZ260299697978QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260299697978&_trkparms=72%3A727|39%3A1|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245