Stock 620 spare

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ooooooh.. exciting.

Please report manufacturer, whether it's ever been used, and if your can... circumference. It should provide a more accurate diameter. And make sure it's been inflated to spec.

while your at it clean up the wheel, buff it out, spray it down with some tire shine, install new valve stems, pick the pebbles out of the treads... :lol:

You can remove a spare without the stock handle by using a 12" crescent wrench and a large screwdriver. I have done this quite a few times. Put the handle end of the wrench in the "pocket" of the spare chain retainer. Take the screwdriver and adjust the wrench to a somewhat tight setting. Start turning counter clock wise and Your spare should start dropping slowly down. I've done this in a pinch at the wrecking yards a few times. Look at Our earlier thread to see if it is a generation one or a generation two rim. Also, the tire should either be a Toyo or a Bridgestone "mighty rib" tire.

ooooooh.. exciting.

Please report manufacturer, whether it's ever been used, and if your can... circumference. It should provide a more accurate diameter. And make sure it's been inflated to spec.

I'll take it down to Les Schwab and have it balanced as well:blink: I'll make sure to take pics of every side and measure the tread depth and compare it too todays tires and........:fu: JK

I'll take it down to Les Schwab and have it balanced as well:blink: I'll make sure to take pics of every side and measure the tread depth and compare it too todays tires and........:fu: JK

:lol: :lol: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:lol: :lol: ... yeah. Thats funny because I asked you to accomplish a difficult and complicated task.

Guest Rick-rat

Took mine off today since you all are talking about a spare, 73 620, I cant believe it was flat, since it has not ever been lowered down as far as I can tell.

Bridgestone 6.00-14 6 P R whitewall, also says mighty rib, light truck ht nylon tread width 4 3/4 inch, circumference 831/4 inches, tread depth 7/16 inch, this tire still has the tits on the tread.

Hey Mike????

What's with the jacket????? It's still almost 100 here!!! Right now (22;32 P.M.) We're running Our airconditioner still!!!

Anyway, Guy Gray and I are trying to build a complete set of those. Any of You that want to get rid or Your spares, either with or without the rims, please PM either Guy (fontana620) or I. Naturally We would like the same type. Either a set of 5 Toyos or Bridgestones. Also I picked up a product called Bleach White that is AWESOME on whitewall tires!! You should see how the last spare I picked up at the junkyard (that's how I know that the crescent wrench trick works!) turned out!!!