Non Datsun/Nissan swaps...

Ericthenorse

So...   I work in a machine shop, and am surrounded by engines all day...   But we are fresh out of Datsun motors. (We are next dfoor to a Pick 'n' Pull, so that could easily be remedied.)  

But I do have quite a colection of other brand motors I could stuff in the old 620....     I have the 2.3turbo and 5 speed from a SVO mustang I was going to put in a 73 Pinto that I think might look good in there. If I want to get really stupid, I have a VW R32 Vr6 motor I could try to shoehorn in.....  Don't think the 455 would work though.. ;)

I want to see some non standard engine swaps.... I am inspired by yochase's VG33 swap..

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say do a Yamaha swap from a Taurus SHO with a ranger transmission.  I always thought this would be a pretty cool swap...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_SHO_V6_engine

"This model engine was developed for Ford by Yamaha. The engine has a sixty-degree iron block and aluminum cylinder heads. It's an "oversquare" design. In other words, the cylinder bore diameter (89mm) is bigger than the stroke (80mm). The engine is rated 220hp at 6200rpm, and 200ft.lbs. at 4800rpm, with redline at 7000rpm. (The electronic fuel injection system cuts off at 7300rpm.) The head design features dual overhead cams and four valves per cylinder. The SHO motor was developed mainly for front-wheel-drive applications, and in fact production was limited to the "Taurus SHO" model car. However, various Ford transmissions will bolt-up to the engine and the intake manifold is designed to be largely reversible (front to rear) which facilitates use in RWD applications. The intake manifold has variable length runners; their effective length is automatically adjusted (via electronically controlled valves) based on engine RPM to achieve optimized performance."