ignition system

Hi,

I would like to convert my L20B to distributorless ignition or at very least, electronic distributor type as i have a mallory dual point unit currently. 

Any thoughts,

Email me at lorozco@cypresscollege.edu

Thank you,

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I would like to convert my L20B to distributorless ignition or at very least, electronic distributor type as i have a mallory dual point unit currently. 

Any thoughts,

Email me at lorozco@cypresscollege.edu

Thank you,

What vehicle is it in,  BTW the dual point Mallory units are valuable ti vintage racers, they can fetch as much as $125

Distributor-less units are many $$$$$$$$$$$$

All L20B powered vehicles from '78 on have the EI distributor in them. The '78s have the 'Remote Igniter' style with the transistorized box up under the dash. If you find on but do not have the remote box you can easily and cheaply convert it and use an HEI module from a GM vehicle. The '79 and '80 are the true 'Matchbox' units with a miniaturized transistor box mounted on the side of the distributor. This style can also be used with the HEI module if missing.

'78.... 620 truck, S10 (200sx) A10 (later HL510) Even the B-210 distributor will work with modifications.

'79.... A10, S10, 620 and '80 720 trucks.

The '79-'83 non turbo 280zx and the '79-'84 810. Maxima also have the matchbox distributor but it's for a six cylinder. Grab it if cheap and available for parts. Everything is the same but the reluctor and stator (6 cyl) easily converted or can be sold to 240/260/280Z or 810 owner.

• Like 1