225-40-18s

cgovia

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wassup bradda sorry off the subject but theres a JCCS cruise on Oct 12 at wapio regional park hopfully you can make it out. pm me maybe we can roll in together. (the guy at 7-11 in kaneohe with the brown 720) let me know

What is the stock 620 tire size? My '78 manual ... I can't find it if it's there.

The 78 service manual I just looked at said the factory size is 6.00/14, the same as the earlier models, 175/70r14. Maybe a 205/40r18? Would be closer to the factory size in that case. Guess it depends on the width of your 18's.

Once again its a question of the correct factory tire size.

I think 175/70-14 is smaller than stock for 1975.

I just ran a search on 6.00-14 and one website says 680mm diameter. I can't find a tire that matches that. 185/85/14 is 670mm diameter.

I have always thought that 195/80/14 was stock tire size. (667mm)

If that is the case then 225/45/18 will keep your speedo correct.

I really dont think that the chinese tires being produced today are comparable to the original tires that came on our vehices.

Here is a link to tireracks conversion chart; I will also add that even when I was working at Americas/Discount Tire Co, we would occasionally refer to their docs as they were generally considered to be trustworthy: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/45_conversionchart.html

I remember a post on the site here where someone had an original spare still mounted under their truck. We can settle this issue, once and for all, if this member would kindly measure their tire, fully inflated, as this subject has come up several times even in the short time Ive been here.

Is a spare generally the same size as the tires on hubs?

185/65/14 is tiny. Datsun advertised the 620 as comming with large truck tires.

Spares *should* have been identical size to the rest of the tires on the truck. As far as the tires being advertised as large... who knows? That

Would be on a truck. Cars wouldn't matter as much often using space savers. Can you imagine taking a full load of pig shit to town and the tire pops and you have to use a space saver tire to get there?:D My '71 521 had the original tire on it in the early '80s. The release mechanism was rusted solid and I broke it to get it off. It was a rugged nylon ply tire that did not match my P225/75R14 M&S tires.

i have a question.. im puttin that 83 maxima 5spd in my truck, and im not changin the cog.. the tires i run are 245/50/r16, and usin the tire calculator an comparing them to 175/70/r14 my speedo at 60mph i would be doin 65mph, thats all with my stock 4spd ofcourse, now the question is... what speed would i my speedo read when i put the new tranny in... im guessing its going to be even further off like prolly 7-10mph in the same direction.. it would be cool if it "corrected" it tho.. but thats doubt full.. i'd have to run even smaller tires i think

edit: the tires i want are 195/40/16 an comparing to 175/70/14 the speedo would read 60 an i would only be doin 56

Edited by lynchfourtwenty
i have a question.. im puttin that 83 maxima 5spd in my truck, and im not changin the cog.. the tires i run are 245/50/r16, and usin the tire calculator an comparing them to 175/70/r14 my speedo at 60mph i would be doin 65mph, thats all with my stock 4spd ofcourse, now the question is... what speed would i my speedo read when i put the new tranny in... im guessing its going to be even further off like prolly 7-10mph in the same direction.. it would be cool if it "corrected" it tho.. but thats doubt full.. i'd have to run even smaller tires i think

edit: the tires i want are 195/40/16 an comparing to 175/70/14 the speedo would read 60 an i would only be doin 56

I dont know the answer to your question. To be honest, the more I thought about it, the more confused I got. However, this may not be of any help, but I think it's helpful nonetheless: http://www.geocities.com/z_design_studio/

The 5spd cog would depend on what size tires were on the Maxima and the rear end ratio. Just pop your 4spd cog into the 5 spd and at least the speedo will stay the same as it is now. Only takes a few minutes.