New to the board--got some quetions

Atmurray48

:confused:Hey there my name is adam! i just bought a '78 620 l20b king cab and love it!its my toy truck! I was turned on to the 620s cuz i drive daily a '95 nissan hardbody and wanted something kool and old but in the same familey! anyways i have the chance to buy a "DELUXE" model 620 year i dont know but its a 5speed,l20b(i think), kingcab with a/c and a "sunroof,bubble glass top think (stock i dont know)?" but dose anyone know much about these? like what elsa they come with or if they're rare or what?? please help thanks adam:confused:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are getting rare :D quite a few people on this board have them. I daily drive my KA24E powered 620 KC. It has some of the factory ac a tac and bucket seats. I actually got the engine out of a 95 pickup. Check out the write-up I did :D My daily

I don't really know what the DELUXE means... I'm sure someone does :D

Nice to have you on the board.

Not all "Deluxe" ones had A/C. The early KCs ('76-77 at least) the Deluxe meant it had bucket seats, a radio, and a console (bench seats were "standard" even in KCs in '76 but it was rare to see one as most KC's were "deluxe". The buckets became standard in KCs around '77-78 timeframe). Later in '78-79 the Deluxe added fabric door panels and a nicer steering wheel. A/C and a 5-speed ('77+) was always an option, never standard in any trim level.

yeah i found out its a '78. the guy is going to drop it off tomorrow so i can get the pics tomorrow night! it dose have an A-trac i think i will keep that in the truck just have to find tapes HAHA! but the back shocks look like coil over shocks? more load range? ill take lots of pics and post them tomorrow night if everything works out. thanks

Yard sales are good sources for 8 track tapes. KC and the sunshine band, Donna Sommers, Barry Mantilow, the Bee Gees, and Zappa's Shiek Yerbouti

I wore out two Dark Side Of The Moon 8 tracks before switching to cassette.

Yard sales are good sources for 8 track tapes. KC and the sunshine band, Donna Sommers, Barry Mantilow, the Bee Gees, and Zappa's Shiek Yerbouti

I wore out two Dark Side Of The Moon 8 tracks before switching to cassette.

And I myownself wore out 3 (THREE) "Boston" tapes along with "Cosmos' Factory" (Credance Clearwater)...I think I may have a Box Full of 8 track tapes here..(wait, maybe my Daughter took them when she moved to Portland..) I will ask... Holy crap I think I also still have a piece of junk "Kraco" 8 track tape player here as well.

Here are the pic of the moon buddle top roof thing, also my other datsun i own too little rusty but all going to be fixed soon and that reminds me anyone have straight fenders i need them bad!

ps sorry i dont know how to attack pic

P1010003.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010006.jpg

I love KC, gotta have the room when your 6' 1" and there is still room for speakers :D

That bubble is interesting :) It would be nice for hot days.

In the first photo, what's the truck behind the brown Chev and between the two white trucks? Looks kind of like a 720's square lights.

Ice, you could wear your cowboy hat in the truck with that bubble.