• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

I own two parcels that contains 3 structures and I pay a fuck ton of taxes because of it. I do rent out the mother in law house, but I don't get much for it cause its less than 500 sq.ft. What I get in rent basically covers the extra taxes....but yay me I get taxed on that too.

• Like 1

I did move on, you know how much that shit bill is going to cost me? I have 2 vehicles that require tabs and have 2 parcels of land that cause me to pay double to property tax.

I feel your pain, I Have an $850k house I owe $156k on and a combined income of just shy of $200k per annum.

3 cars to register(will be 4 when I get the 510 finished).

Oh, and im fortunate enough to live in a country with free healthcare, but totally fucked up gun laws is the offset.

FML :)

• Like 3

Holy balls rw. Did you buy a mansion?

No mate I wouldnt call it a mansion. I am incredibly fortunate, and also grateful to be able to live in a nice house, however, I need to clarify a few things.

I live in the Washington DC equivalent of Australia which has very high housing prices. For example, the average 4 bedroom home starts around the $500k mark depending on location etc.

When I bought my house Ten years ago, my now wife and I both owned (had a mortgage on seperate houses) so we sold both of them to buy the one house which we paid $657k for.

Inflation, rising land values, an inflated housing market and subsuquent increased property values now see our house conservatively valued at the $850k mark.

Im in a 4 bedroom, two bathroom split level home which also has an additional room which could be a fifth bedroom; I use it as an office/junk repository. By my citys standards, its also on a very large parcel of land being approximately 1100 sq mtrs. With the avaerage land parcel these days around 600 sq mtrs that will give you a comparison. Im also incredibly lucky to have a four car garage and adjoining carport etc to put all my shit in.

I suppose the other thing to remember is the income difference between Straylia and Murica. The minimum hourly rate for any employment here is $17.70 per hour and being I live in a city which has a very high proportion of Gubment employees, the average wage is proportionally higher being around the $75k per annum mark. Conversely though, our cost of living is much higher so I suppose it kinda evens out.

My wife and I have worked incredibly hard over the last 20 years to find ourselves where we are and it hasnt been without a lot of blood, sweat and many tears. You reap what you sow I suppose. Having grown up in almost poverty like conditions I vowed when I was very young if I ever had kids (which I did 8 years ago) they wouldnt go through what I did. Doesnt mean the little shits are going to get an easy ride :)

Anyway, if youve got this far thanks for reading and yes, I DO remind myself daily how fortunate I am!

• Like 4

No mate I wouldnt call it a mansion. I am incredibly fortunate, and also grateful to be able to live in a nice house, however, I need to clarify a few things.

I live in the Washington DC equivalent of Australia which has very high housing prices. For example, the average 4 bedroom home starts around the $500k mark depending on location etc.

When I bought my house Ten years ago, my now wife and I both owned (had a mortgage on seperate houses) so we sold both of them to buy the one house which we paid $657k for.

Inflation, rising land values, an inflated housing market and subsuquent increased property values now see our house conservatively valued at the $850k mark.

Im in a 4 bedroom, two bathroom split level home which also has an additional room which could be a fifth bedroom; I use it as an office/junk repository. By my citys standards, its also on a very large parcel of land being approximately 1100 sq mtrs. With the avaerage land parcel these days around 600 sq mtrs that will give you a comparison. Im also incredibly lucky to have a four car garage and adjoining carport etc to put all my shit in.

I suppose the other thing to remember is the income difference between Straylia and Murica. The minimum hourly rate for any employment here is $17.70 per hour and being I live in a city which has a very high proportion of Gubment employees, the average wage is proportionally higher being around the $75k per annum mark. Conversely though, our cost of living is much higher so I suppose it kinda evens out.

My wife and I have worked incredibly hard over the last 20 years to find ourselves where we are and it hasnt been without a lot of blood, sweat and many tears. You reap what you sow I suppose. Having grown up in almost poverty like conditions I vowed when I was very young if I ever had kids (which I did 8 years ago) they wouldnt go through what I did. Doesnt mean the little shits are going to get an easy ride :)

Anyway, if youve got this far thanks for reading and yes, I DO remind myself daily how fortunate I am!

well shit. I had to buy a house an hour away from work just to be able to afford what i want. The cliser you get to a Boeing or Microsoft or what have you hub the higher the price goes. I have a 4 (5ish) bedroom place myself on a little over an acre with both parcels put together. 300k was as high as i could afford. Same house closer to work but significantly less land and no out buildings wouldve been 400k or so. So i know the pain of inflated market due to area.

Glad you're haooy with it and your family, that helps out a lot

• Like 1