Fisch concepts: HL510 A10 Stanza Wagon 2-door 4-door & SSS

I have a line on a round eye 1978 HL510 wagon (Known by many other names, LOL) I might go check out this week. So I jumped into photoshop to imagine the possibilities. Including a 2-door goon.

(Any one want to give me or sell me a 2-door shell if I get this so I can start cutting?)

Here is what I'd do with a 4-door stock goon. The bumpers have been tucked on all of them. I'd try to source some JDM ones.

A10_2-doorGoon-4door.jpg

This is taking out a Sawzall and welding 2-door sheetmetal to it. Can anyone tell me if that back-seat window is at the same angle between the wagon and the 2-door. It looks close, and I think in the early gen 510 is it the same between that era 2-door and 4-door, so making a 2 door isn't too crazy.

A10_2-doorGoon-2door.jpg

Flared 2-door

A10_2-doorGoon-2doorF.jpg

Here is the Stanza SSS treatment. I would have to source the front air dam from an Aussie SSS Stanza to go all the way with it. (But I'd keep the round eyes.)

Interestingly I can only find photos of 4-door SSS cars. Not sure they made a 2-door.

7138d1253085773-datsun-stanza-sss-sale-i

H4-1.jpg

4-door SSS

A10_2-doorGoon-SSS4door.jpg

2-door SSS

A10_2-doorGoon-SSS2door.jpg

Flared 2-door SSS

A10_2-doorGoon-SSS4doorF.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wagons made into 2 doors by simply using 2 door, doors have always seemed to be somewhat ,, wrong looking to me... If it was my crazy project i think shortening the body at least 5 or 6 inches would look more aesthetically  pleasing too me.   Also i think the proportions of the 2door,, door in your rendition is quite a bit longer than a 2door door would be over a 4door , door,,, thus leaving a long distance between door and rear wheel opening.

Another question,, is it manditory to keep the Accel sticker?? :rofl:

I would however really love to see a corrected caricature  of what you got going on in your mind for this project... That is a fact.

Heh after all this the wagon I was after sold today to someone else. Lol. I did the 2 door conversion as close to reality as possible in that I scaled a 2 door photo over the wagon and made sure every body line lined up. So this would be pretty closeto the length of the 2 door in actuality. But that don't mean it is pretty. I have to say though I prefer the 4-door in the SSS version.

• Like 1

Fisch, you have some skill. Nice work.

There were never any 2 door SSS models of the A10 made. Infact, the SSS was exclusive to the Australian market from what I've gathered. It was sold as the 510 in North America, and the Violet in other markets.

The 2 door sedan is 'probably' the rarest model of A10 out there. Where 4 door and wagon are easiest to find. Coupe and 2 door sedan, though, nearly unobtanium.

I think most people didn't want/order that particular paint package,, not that there wasn't many made,,, i think the SUs made it a SSS not the paint.

79 SSS 2 door ,, UK

_576.jpg

79 SSS 2 door ,,,,,  same owner,,  UK
2014-06-19134009.jpg

79 SSS 2door UK

P1090702-Kopie.jpg

(from what i have been told) UK did not get any 2door trunk type or wagon models AT ALL.

Thanks to Dialup2001 for the pics,,,,,,,, dude is an A10 ,,,,,,,,, freak

Fisch, you have some skill. Nice work.

There were never any 2 door SSS models of the A10 made. Infact, the SSS was exclusive to the Australian market from what I've gathered. It was sold as the 510 in North America, and the Violet in other markets.

The 2 door sedan is 'probably' the rarest model of A10 out there. Where 4 door and wagon are easiest to find. Coupe and 2 door sedan, though, nearly unobtanium.

IMG_3838_zps9f1b46c9.jpg

• Like 1

Oops! Forgot about the Auster..... 

Look there, Hammuck schooled me. You're correct. The SSS denotes the SU setup, similar to the real 510, That paint scheme was exclusive to Australia, though. 

Wasn't Australia supposed to only get sedans but some coupes get sent there accidentally? I'm pretty sure this is the case. I remember over on OZ Dat the Stanza coupe was as expensive as say a Bluebird SSS coupe would be here in the states.

• 2 months later...

I know where there is a 2 door and a 4 door for sale by the same owner, or at least last time I checked and they said they would keep me updated if they sold.

Nice! Alas I bought a '70 goon when I missed out on mine. (But oddly from the same guy who sold the other one.) So someone else will have to pick up this gauntlet. I'd like to see it happen!