any did the auto to 5 speed swap in a 510??

jesusno2

Well I scored the stick shift pedal box for my goon but I'm looking at my car and the auto pedal box and well... Their way different looking the way they mount the steering coloum mounts into the auto pedals and the manual pedal box I don't see where the steering coulum mounts to it?? Do I need a manual steering coulum also for the swap? I was just going to remove all the auto crap from the coulum I have, and use it but now I'm scratching my head?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't even have to swap the "pedal box". You remove the pivot bolt on the Auto brake pedal, and the pedal. Then install the clutch and brake pedals from the manual pedal box in the pedal box still in your dash. They are the same, save for the pedals themselves.

You can remove all of the auto transmission shifter linkage from the steering column and install the manual column cover on it. The only difference at that point is a rectangular hole on the steering column's firewall plate.

Getting that damn auto shifter linkage out took some effort. I actually removed the steering column from the car to get it done. Removing the steering column is rather easy though. Aside of the little stuff (wiring and such) it mounts at the bottom of the dash and the firewall. Nothing to mess with on the steering box. I left the actual steering shaft in place and slid the column over it.

The only thing left is the gas pedal. There's a great thread on the realm with all the info on this. http://www.the510realm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10202

I don't know what that pedal setup is from. When I bought my 510, it came with "several 510 pedal setups". Only one of them was 510. The rest were various other shit the previous owner tried to make work. When I figured out which ones were 510, by comparing to another 510, it was really straight forward to get it all together right.

Gotcha.

Since you have them both out, why not just get the two pedals from the donor box working in the stock pedal box. It shouldn't be too hard to get it working well.

well im trying to do that now but the brake pedal is quite a bit different the way the springs are and notice the way the auto pivot is? i got these from z therapy so i might run back out later on and see if he's got the correct ones i'm wondering if these were from like a b210 or something