73' 510, "Rusted Hope" My first car

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just some advice, some of you may already know this, but the speedometer pinion gears are different for manual and automatic. The entire assembly are different lenghts, so if you put an automatic assembly into a manual tranny, the gear won't fully engage and wear out.

L20b?

So recently we thought of a game plan for the motor.

We're planning on getting the l16 block, and the 73 head together. The 73 head, according to the How to modify your Nissan/Datsun book states that is comes with a cam that's exactly the same as the l20b. We're going to run 240z exhaust valves.

Then we're going to run l18 pistons with a l16 crank and rods (l16, l18 has same pin height) making it a big bore l16, making it just a hair over 1700. I could also bore out to 86mm (l28) but that might be a little too much.

Compression for a L17~ will be around 9.4:1 or just about.

• Like 1

hey joseph it was cool meeting you and your dad. you're one lucky dude to have a dad who's also into Datsuns. Keep up the good work. T

hanks again for the parts and see you guys at Canby.

• Like 1

hey joseph it was cool meeting you and your dad. you're one lucky dude to have a dad who's also into Datsuns. Keep up the good work. T

No probs man! It was nice meeting you and your gf, and its awesome to see Doty in person!

No probs man! It was nice meeting you and your gf, and its awesome to see Doty in person!

• Like 1

This is the way the factory did them. Been removing & replacing Datsun screens for 46years now.

The moulding in not a locking strip. On some Datsun's the fitting of the screen locks the moulding in position.

Fitting the moulding first also help in aligning the corners. Also saves bending the moulding & slicing your fingers.

Use a good lube when fitting rubber seals. Our manufacturer recommends Palmolive dish washing detergent.

The moulding in not a locking strip. On some Datsun's the fitting of the screen locks the moulding in position.

Fitting the moulding first also help in aligning the corners. Also saves bending the moulding & slicing your fingers.

Alright thank you very much, everyone. I'll have to get "new" glass sooner or later due to my 68' window being cracked... Sad too, it's a original windshield. But the "new" one will actually have some tint.

Hey everyone, I just want to let everyone know that I was involved in a accident on my way up to James (510keeper)'s ranch to go pick up a drive shaft on wednesday 5/26/2016. I came out of the accident with only a few bruises and a minor concussion and short term memory loss. From what I was told by the doctors, I have nothing to worry about and that it wasn't my fault. Today I will be going up back to Yuba City to go see the car and see how bad the accident was, and try to buy back my car, and later we will be dealing with the insurance to see how much I can get for my car. Judging from my glasses, the bump on my head and the bruises, I was T-boned on the left side of my car, most likely on the front of the car, and lead to me hitting my head on the B-Pillar. Im alive, and fine, so no need to worry. Pictures will be up later today....