Smurfy 710 v8

I have thought about the rear end blowing but when it does I'll just swap it to something stronger but as for brakes it is plenty, the car is so light that the motor will slow it down to a damn near a stop as soon as you remove your foot from the pedal, I do plan on upgrading one day but minor details for something that will work perfect as is.

I will be daily driving this car and plan on one day taking it to autocross events and drag racing of course. More pictures to come! Cheers.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stopping once isn't the issue. Especially in autocross or canyon driving. All that weight in the front end will cause ridiculous heat fade if you have to use the brakes repeatedly, even if you are correct about then being enough initially.

And momentum works two ways. Once you have that mass moving at speed, it's going to want to keep going, not deal itself to a halt. Unless you're going uphill...

That being said, still a fun build. Just please don't pull a Honda civic build on us and think that a solid car just means power, forgetting about turning and stopping, the other two elements of usable speed.

I'll be the guy that says it's your car, build it as you please. I'm certainly doing that with mine. Just make sure you finish it and do lots of burn outs.

Edit: since the firewall is gone, could you push the engine back any farther? That would give you more room to loop the exhaust back under the car too.

Please don't use those

I want to to root for you but you're making it harder

C4 Corvette factory header, hugs close to the block and one of the few that don't make changing plugs a PIA

l]IMG_0769_zpsb624b80e.jpg[/u

Because they go around the end plugs instead of over them

IMG00113-20100308-1828_zpscw4qpfb7.jpg

You shouldn't need a stronger rear end if you just run on steel tires.  It's really the friction of the rubber that kills the diff.  And brakes really wouldn't matter much either with steel tires.  Problem solved.  (BS aside, I think a few $ into good brakes will be a great idea)

looks like you have a few fun projects in that shop in the background.  

Please don't use those

I want to to root for you but you're making it harder

No fuckin' shit.

That car is ruined. At some point it could have almost been surgical but now it's Frankenstein's monster all cut up and stitched together. But hey, as long as 'it's cool' and it'll 'do plenty of burnouts' who cares about getting it stopped? who cares about handling? Who needs wipers? When this car folds up in the middle and the doors don't close it will be finally dead. Please but a Vega nest time.  

• Like 1

No fuckin' shit.

That car is ruined. At some point it could have almost been surgical but now it's Frankenstein's monster all cut up and stitched together. But hey, as long as 'it's cool' and it'll 'do plenty of burnouts' who cares about getting it stopped? who cares about handling? Who needs wipers? When this car folds up in the middle and the doors don't close it will be finally dead. Please but a Vega nest time.

I'm glad you're enjoying this (:

I appreciate your skills and ambition. Envy your access to equipment and a shop, but not your direction with this.

With the latest updates I agree, should be a Chevette etc.

FYI to anybody wanting to V8 swap a small car - Vega, Monza and their GM siblings, Pinto & Bobcat, Chevette, Pre 240 series Volvo, and RWD Isuzu's use upper control arms for front suspension and don't have full size strut towers in the way. There are others but I wont encourage those.