Ka24de L series??

I was going to either have rebello make me one of those Z24 bottoms with either a KA sohc head or dohc head and he said the reason he does those as some have Z24 blocks for cheap or free and it bolts in to the original X member and you can use the original oil pan and pickup and use a lseries dist. also since he builds them I am sure he does some tricks here and there to make them reliable and of course make power. I myself was going to attempt to make one as I have the block and have the tools to assemble a motor and am just curious on how it would turn out. I know a lot of people say rebello charges a lot but I have one of his long rod motors and for an old style motor it does make power and is pretty fun to drive. even with carbs it can hold up to a lot of more modern cars. Rebello did say the dohc cam heads are way better than the sohc cam heads and even with all the porting of the sohc heads it does not match up as well to even a stock dohc head port.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You would have to get in contact with that guy who posts on here sometimes from Saudi Arabia for a non ecu controlled dizzy.

So for the heck of it I contacted this guy to see if he could get a hold of the carbed dizzy. He will indeed look and see, but needs the part #. Is there anyway we can find such a part #?

Would it be listed in a US KA truck part # book, or would you need a book from the middle east?

That's a dang good question! lol! I honestly have no idea who would decide which country receives what. That is usually how you would determine tracking part numbers. Possibly some of my South African brethern on Hybrid could help us out as well. peace.

• 9 months later...
Guest DatsuNoob

I'm reading these old posts wondering how involved it would be to take a 93 240sx distributor, gut it, and use the housing and drive spindle from the frontier one to make for a perfect fit? Can anyone confirm that a KA24e dizzy works on a frontier motor? What about the plug? can the pin out be matched, and resoldered to work with a plug on an s13 harness? Ideas? Words of wisdom? smart ass comments? :lol: :fu: Cerealy though...?

So if running carb(s) you loose the EFI fired crank angle sensor (CAS) dizzy and will need an EI dizzy to replace it right???

All KA24Es were external oil pump. The KA24DE car oil pumps were internally driven by an eccentric on the crank inside the timing cover. The truck KA24DEs were externally driven like the KA24Es. The KA external oil pumps will swap onto the L and Z series motors. Rebello may have used the Z24 block because it's almost 100 lb lighter than the KA block. The Z24 rods are also thicker and presumably stronger than the KA rods.

Edited by datzenmike
Guest DatsuNoob

Right, 240sx=internal oil pump behind timing cover w/side mount diz

Frontier=external. What I'm asking about is using the 240sx dizzys guts with the housing and drive rod from frontier, for a perfect fit on the motor and I could use the 240 harness. Work? No work?

Edited by DatsuNoob

I'm missing something vital I guess...

Both are CAS dizzys aren't they???

You want to use the Frontier motor in a 240sx using the KA24E dizzy? (it's Friday)

Edited by datzenmike
Guest DatsuNoob

My plans were to use a 93 or so 240sx harness, with all 240sx bolt ons (alternator, starter, intake mani, etc) on a Frontier 2.4 in a 620. The only conflict here is the distributor. You're already aware of how the frontier uses a dist/oil pump setup almost identical to the L series, and a 240's one is a horizontally mounted diz, cam diven(me thinks? been a while since I seen one) with an oil pump driven off the crank ecentric. 98 frontier is OBD2, 93 240sx is OBD1. 240's shaft is shorter than a frontier, and I'm not sure if the base's bolt patterns are the same on both. I was just wondering if I could gut a 240sx dist., and use all the inards inside of a Frontier distributor housing so it would fit my motor, or am I over-thinking this one/completely outta my tree?:lol: Is there an easier way to do all this? I like easy :)