Fat510's 1980 720 super deluxe

Fat510

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The wheels and tires make a huge difference!  I need a rear bumper like that for my truck.

Luckily it came with the truck or I'd have to get one of those stock ones that stick out and don't look as good

Wow, nice set of rollers it's sitting on now! 

• Like 1

Joecool.

Take me off your ignore list so i can message you :rofl:

Truck is looking good Fatty..  80 is my favorite year.

No one is on my ignore list. Hasn't been for 6 months or more. What does that have to do with this topic and this guy's truck?

So this happened

IMG_2115_zps2438aa7e.jpg

An old sticker i bought back in the eighties that was in my buckets of 720 parts ,,,,,,,,, , no shit.

IMG_2116_zpsdae09eb8.jpg

Last time we believe it was licensed to be on the road

IMG_2117_zps794fa278.jpg

We are going to be tearing around Olympia later ,, to whom it may concern,,  see you then.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was very busy weekend ,, on Saturday we replaced knocking L20b with smaller but quieter 1600 ,, used 210 head with the L20b cam on engine as we knew it had no problems. So we effectively removed a quarter of the engine to gain not falling apart screaming down freeway..

To Izzo,,,,,,,  pictures or it did happen muther fuq

IMG_2247_zpsdd954179.jpg

Clanky Mcclankerson

IMG_2249_zpsed456bba.jpg

tiny 1600 we had laying around after quicky head swap

IMG_2248_zps68e678c3.jpg

installed,,,  this was about 2:30 when we quit

IMG_2252_zpsda0e7272.jpg

The spacers have been leaking for awhile but we were putting it off till truck was down for a bit.

IMG_2253_zpsd27db87b.jpg

IMG_2254_zps81ffee17.jpg

This truck has to make a couple pretty long trips in the next coming weeks so it needed to be crank bang free

Then we did a buncha other shit to other shit but that is kinda secret shit all up in here.

lastly a shout out to a young dude named Danny ,, dude you gotta hang with us.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It was 1/2 price weekend at pick n pull so i made him buy the hood off this 1984(?) as it came stock with no holes in hood,,,, and actually a pretty damn good deal at right around $28. bucks out the door.

029f3ff8-3db2-4d0f-9d74-0edba1a9bbe9_zps

I was general contractor on this job

Took this ,,,,,,,,,, doo-biddy doo

002_zpsfb97ca86.jpg

Then put it where this sat,,,,,,,,,,, doo-biddy doo

001_zps888053d8.jpg

Wham!

( the no homo one)

003_zps9c67ea3a.jpg

We also  changed out the stock wheels for a set of pizza cutters i have been wanting him to try on the truck since it showed up.

As you can see by the frozen puddles ,,, it was a cold affair using the tire changer out in the wind today

• Like 2

I didn't know you could put down fiberglass with POR-15! Kick mass ass! ("Doing the bull dance feelin' the flow workin it workin it" around my living room.) Dialing it in and bringing it back (also catching my breath,) what did you do with all those beautiful black OEM 720 hub caps I spotted in those photos earlier? If they are still holding the yard down, I know a guy with a 41K original miles 720 that is trying to return it to stock that could use them. Nigeria!

• Like 2

He is likes the stock wheels,, it was almost pulling teeth to get him to try those aluminum wheels on.  Just wondering how many caps do you need?

A buddy did his whole front floor of his 62 ford falcon van in POR15 and fiberglass mat , it was Swiss cheese,,,, and  i know for a fact it lasted 10 years before he sold it.  I don't think it actually "soaks in" to the mat like fiberglass resin does, but it binds it together and is strong as if it did.... And if you ever rode in one of those,, if it had a flimsy front floor ,,you would know it real quick. :blink:

Gotta paint over it but since it was just a floor i think we just used Rustoleum from the hardware store.

• Like 1

He is likes the stock wheels,, it was almost pulling teeth to get him to try those aluminum wheels on.  Just wondering how many caps do you need?

A buddy did his whole front floor of his 62 ford falcon van in POR15 and fiberglass mat , it was Swiss cheese,,,, and  i know for a fact it lasted 10 years before he sold it.  I don't think it actually "soaks in" to the mat like fiberglass resin does, but it binds it together and is strong as if it did.... And if you ever rode in one of those,, if it had a flimsy front floor ,,you would know it real quick. :blink:

Gotta paint over it but since it was just a floor i think we just used Rustoleum from the hardware store.

No, I like the other tires better because they don't have white walls 

• Like 1

No, I like the other tires better because they don't have white walls 

Gee ,,, that's funny,,,,,,,,,, , i didn't see you out at the tire changer at all except when you brought that bucket of hot water i used to thaw out the ice on tires i was changing out in sub god damn freezing yesterday!!

• Like 3

Needs the mags back on it to look right. You ruined any other look by putting them on it in the first place. :lol:

true, but its winter and i can't run those wide tires all year round (the camera made me look like a midget)

IMG_0332_zps0b24ad2e.jpg

IMG_2399_zpsbb5ba6e7.jpg

IMG_0331_zpsac77a6ac.jpg

IMG_2400_zps8b7bf192.jpg

IMG_0329_zpscf26f68d.jpg

IMG_2396_zps1fbd38ae.jpg

IMG_2397_zpsf4d2d809.jpg

• Like 4