best place to live in u.s. for Nissan scene/ good race tracks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are three rules to buying real estate, Location, Location, Location. My parents bought the house I grew up in, in San Diego for $12K. My dad was a welder with 3 kids, but we managed. 35 years later my mom sold that house for $850K. 35 years ago you'd have paid $12k for the same 3 bedroom house in Georgia, and today it'd be woRth $80K.

In 35 years, when you can actuallyafford to retire, you may make some money on that $80K house, but If you'd bought a house in San Lorenzo for $280K, in 35 years it'd be worth $2.8 mil. That's the equivalent of 25 years income for you. Saving more of your paycheck in a cheep place may seem like the better deal, but that's the definition of penny wise, and pound foolish.

If I bought a house out right my overhead would be about

Food 300

Elec. And water 150

Internet 50

Property tax 50

Car insurance 100

sewer-150

garbage-20

property insurance-100

gas(if you get somewhere that uses it, if not, expect electricity to go up)-100

phone-depends on carrier

random shit fucking up-?? could be 10 bucks, could be 10 grand depending on what it is.

Condoms- 0

• Like 1

Haha Alright I'm learning a lot here. Never thought of buying a nice house and reaping the value 20 years later.

Also I never knew about property insurance or sewer charge.

Looks like overhead costs would be upwards of 1000 without a mortgage payment.

Haha Alright I'm learning a lot here. Never thought of buying a nice house and reaping the value 20 years later.

Also I never knew about property insurance or sewer charge.

Looks like overhead costs would be upwards of 1000 without a mortgage payment.

You're too old to just now be learning of these things

You're too old to just now be learning of these things

Welp. My bad.

Only renting I paid wAter and electricity. Unless water and sewer are the same thing?

I had no clue about property damage. Is that if your house floods or something?

I know a little about inflation but didn't think location would make a difference. I thought it was only on value. But I guess location IS value.

I guess paying off a cheap house and keeping overhead costs down is smart but having a mortgage and paying higher property tax due to a Better location pays off since you're basically investing.

I guess once you hold onto a valuable house and it doubles in value 5-10x then you sell it and retire in a cheap location.

Maybe my search should focus on an area that is cheap yet will inflate at a fast rate would Atlanta really not be a great location to do this?

Back on tracks and Realestate , in California maybe Palmdale /Lancaster for cheap and down the street from Willow Springs , also close to Buttonwillow tracks , and also semi close to Fontana speedway , it is hard to afford Ca. and race a car.

This I never thought of. Not far away from home to me either. Are the houses under 300k or anywhere near 150k?

I really don't want to be Too over my head with my first house

property damage/repair can be a number of things.  a pipe breaking, or freezing in the winter and then bursting, could flood your house.  roofs need to be replaced from time to time even without something actively breaking them.  if you have carpet, you're looking at replacing it every 10-15 years depending on how fast it wears out, unless you want your carpet to just look like shit. same thing with hardwoods, though you don't replace them generally, you can just refinish them(to give you an idea, I just had about 750 SF of hardwoods refinished, with quarter rounds put in. total cost was 3700 bucks)  if your underground water or sewer pipe breaks, you have to pay to fix/replace it.  if you don't have vinyl siding, you'll be repainting your house every 10 years or so if I remember right.  if your oven/fridge/washer/dryer/dishwasher breaks, its on you to get a new one, and that can run you anywhere from 50 bucks for a used POS, to a couple grand for a nicer one. think I paid 1300 for my fridge, 600 for my dryer, and 850 for my washer when the ones I had went out.  yard maintenance, which can be anything from just a lawnmower, to a lawnmower, edger, hedge trimmer, chainsaw, shovels, tractor(if you're into the farm life), etc.  if your electrical goes to shit for whatever reason, has to be repaired... the list keeps going, and going, and going with what could happen.  that's why its always smart to have a decent sized emergency fund that you DO NOT touch unless shit hits the fan. I've got a couple grand in mine, and i'd rather pay my bills a few days late and keep my oh shit fund where its at than dip into it so i'm not late.

If I wasn't from California I wouldn't live here. The real estate is a complete fucking racket bubble. Nobody wants to admit this but the smog cruzing over here from china is becoming more and more obvious every day. I predict in 30 years the Bay Area will look like Beijing. 

Pittsburgh Penn is gorgeous, thats where I want to live.

Smog-hit-Chinese-cities--009.jpg

BAY AREA