13x10's on an s30

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell do you say "found some 10s with the RIGHT offset" and then ask if they fit....?

13s do fit over zx brakes. They even fit over wilwood calipers on a zx rotor. They actualy fit almost all of my 13s. Some need spacers.

20140502_205327_zps321688f4.jpg this is a 13x7 zero offset. And you couodnt have any more back spacing than me. On a zx you would have to check tierod clearence, mine is really close.

Front brakes are too big for 13s. 

I ran 13" libres with 280zx brakes. couldn't use stick on weights and I had to shave the caliper a smidgen but it worked fine.

Edit, wait are s30 brakes bigger than s130 brakes?

13s do fit over zx brakes. They even fit over wilwood calipers on a zx rotor.

I ran 13" libres with 280zx brakes...

Yeah, but this...   :rofl:

240Z: 271 mm

280ZX: 258 mm

As I was going to say, and as usual David beat me to the punch, stop using 280ZX brakes as a comparison. S30 rotors are a bit larger in diameter, and the calipers are a little taller too. 

Never seen ANY 13" wheel that fits on an S30 brake setup. 

Of course he doesn't really need "smaller" brakes, as plenty of people have put 280ZX brakes on an S30, and since some 13" wheels fit those...

And following his "clues" he's buying either Aero or Bassett steelies. They'll probably clear 280ZX brakes if they are a deep enough offset... 

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback guys. Being a broke 17 year old that can only find work a couple weekends a month, I don't think going and changing out brakes is an option right now. Someday I hope to revisit this idea again though as I doubt my Z is going anywhere any time soon.