v911 cyl head

troyt

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, so how do you install a link to a url then? I had to type this in as the link icon locks up and it wouldn't let me paste it in either.

Regardless, here is a link to the V911 Nissan Comp L4 cyl head photo -

http://www.racingonthecheap.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/IMG_5112-Small.jpg

Go to "General Discussion" page.  Seventh pinned entry.  [At least right now] "How to post pictures".

Was not the V912 a reissue of the earlier 219 head? When they 'ran out' there was still a market and need for it so Nissan made another casting available for sale through Nismo? I don't think the V912 was available on any motor, just aftermarket.

... except the v912, it was a Nissan Comp over-the-counter part, didn't come on cars. And yes, it was basically a modern version of the 219 head. Now the v911, we have a mystery there. No info anywhere, yet, we'll find some somewhere.

Well, no need for pictures of the v911 if you've ever seen a v912 Nissan Comp high performance cyl head, exactly the same. 1.5" round intake ports with the same small cutout at the bottom of the bore, same square exhaust ports, same small combustion chamber (didn't measure but looked identical to the 39cc-41cc ones I have measured). It was wearing the larger 44mm intake valves, and stock 35mm exhaust valves, and had plenty of room to use the 38mm exhaust valves I have used in past race heads.

Now I still have found no reference anywhere to the v911. First run of v912s by NISMO? Manufacturing error? JDM version of the v912?

There are weird heads out there, this is likely just another one, I have a W53 open chamber head, and a round exhaust port W53 head also came up for sale in the last couple years, there is not an answer for everything, well except maybe for the number "42". :lol:

• Like 1

We tend to think that what we got from Nissan was it. Last L16 was Sept. '73, last L18 was '84, last L20B was '80. The rest of the world had them for a long time after and there was bound to be casting changes..