new to datsuns

cici

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no bolt holes so i guess i try the hard way only month is october of 1974

Just went through this on my 521. I didn't think the drums were ever coming off!

PD blaster around the lug studs and around the hub. I let it sit while I ran out and bought a B.F.H. (BIG F-CKIN HAMMER (3 lbs)) and I started pounding around the outside of the drum. Don't be scared to really whack it! But protect your lug studs by putting back on the lugnuts a little bit. It finally came off!

WEAR EARPLUGS or at least stuff your ears w/ cotton balls. It is loud as hell.

Cici. This has happened before. Please don't go elsewhere. We egg each other a lot on here and You are not yet familiar with it. Please don't be offended. I am thinking that You type faster than Your mind can keep up. I DO THE SAME THING!!! What I do before I press the submit reply button is to go back and proof-read what I wrote. Maybe that will help You. If You don't think We diss each other, look at the JCCS thread in events. Last year Ron "ran off" ahead of Us. He mentioned it recently again. He wouldn't have mentioned it if it bugged Him. Notice that I put in big letters LEAD FOOT? He knew a "ribbing" was coming and He still knows that I love Him as a SWDP brother. Trust Me, He'll get Me back again someday. So join in here on the BEST 620 FORUM You'll ever find and just take Your time posting. We are all glad You are here!!! And one more thing: NO QUESTION IS A STUPID QUESTION. We'll help with ANY subject. Have a nice day and We'll see You on here later!! Mike

Hi Jason. No, that's not a stock 620 mirror. Ironically I bought an indentical metal chromed one to the 620 style last week in Vegas off of a B210. Once You've seen a stock mirror You will recognize one easily. I only have two in My "museum" that's how rare they are becoming. Did You see Your email??

thanks guy i have problems that make spelling kinda of hard at time so maybe i should go elsa were

please dont be offended, lol i was just kidding around. look at some of my first post on here, i was in such a hurry to get my truck figured out i would post up some pretty crazy stuff too! i dont think anyone on here has any doubt about what you are trying to say, i just had to stop and think a few times :P dont leave, there is nowhere else to go for one, and two there is no place with better information -OR- friendships! i have NEVER met anyone off of here simply because of my location, but im %100 sure that if i were closer %95 of the guys on here would come over and throw a few wrenches on my truck to help me out.

before the BFH comes out, try to adjust them in (loose)

this assumes that they will adjust (another use for the BFH if not!)

sometimes a lip forms inside the drum making it that much more difficult to remove.

and if you went elsa were...wherea woulda youa goa???

well i was thinking of redoing the same blue but maybe and a metalflake or something to spice it up and ya the blue grill is goingso is the bummper not messing with the bed its comeing off going to make it into a step side so the bed is up for offers or trade whatever works so what is a good rebuild datsun moter go for if its got 0run time and ony turned over to make shue its together right?