torque specs

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

I'll be working on my L16 head soon... Torque specs on an L16 bolts, guys?

Depends what head bolts you use. Stock ones are 45 ft lbs; ZX turbo ones (recommended) are 65 ft lbs. Head bolts are a stretchable item, so they can only be used safely so many times, and it's hard to know how many times they've been torqued, unless you bought them new and kept track of how many times they've been torqued; or by measuring them (I don't know specs). I think it was around $50 to buy turbo head bolts from a Nissan parts website online. Online will almost always be cheaper than going to the dealer.

ZX Turbo long x4 # 11059-P7600

ZX turbo short x6 # 11056-P6700

• Like 1

11056-21000 was the 127mm short head bolt for the L16. This part number was superseded in April '71 to 11056-P3000 and was used on the L16 and all L18 and L220B engines through '80.

11056-21000 was used on the L24. 11056-3000 was used on late L24 engines and all L26 and L28 engines even in the 280zx non turbo.

It's just a different part number for the same thing.

Note: the 280zx turbo used a different bolt and number 11056-P7600

Note: I didn't bother with the 157mm long bolts but some thing applies.

• Like 1

:rofl:  But isn't that Troy ounces?  Which are different than regular ounces.  In fact, the online calculator says 1.2 regular ounces is actually 1.09375 troy ounces, which is measured for silver or gold.  So it's 13,125 actually. :D

• Like 2