Locating a 510.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Datsun enthusiast clubs and forums, word of mouth, auto trader mags, craigs list. Best bet is one out west where they are more numerous (and so somewhat cheaper) but best of all in good shape. Find a good runner that is complete and fly out and drive it home. By complete I mean you don't want to drive around with a missing grill you'll never find there and killer price to replace later. Eastern 510 are going to be pricy and parts rare.

look up auto transports, give them a few areas to ship from and too to get an idea for finding you car in other areas---you will get a lot of quotes online and price will drop as extimated time gets closer------it may be worth shipping to you for a nice car---i had a car shipped from lower texas to central california for 600  no problems 

Depends on your budget and what your looking for. If your looking to spend some coin you can have a nice one shipped over. If your looking for a cheap project try posting want ads on craigslist, here, 510 realm etc. Something might pop up bit you have to be patient. Even here on the west coast they are still pretty rare these days.

Also, cruise creepy old bad neighborhoods. I drove 12 hrs away to Alabama for my orange 620 and have since found many more datsuns closer to home.

Just because there are none "for sale" in your area, doesn't mean there aren't any to be had.

If you've got the bank roll, go for a west coast car. If you don't have much of a budget, it pays to be patient and open minded to other models.

Just because 510s are trendy doesn't mean they're the only cool datsuns out there. A 610 for example is a sexy ass ride that doesn't come with a Leno tax. 710s are much faster stock and practically given away.

Keep an open mind and you'd be surprised what you'll find.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up everyone. I am not against other models, the 510 is just the first one I saw and like the most thus far. I am looking into shipping from other areas etc. East coast rides are always hurting with age. Dont have a ton of time as Nissan keeps me pretty busy, but i come to the forums when i can. Still searching. thanks again.

00I0I_bNyL7vBGveH_600x450.jpg
00I0I_bNyL7vBGveH_50x50c.jpg00S0S_7nRZfsnGDUm_50x50c.jpg00606_dJwf3gxXNWP_50x50c.jpg00p0p_i4YvKUvSEcL_50x50c.jpg

1972 Datsun 510

1972 Datsun 510. Engine and transmission need to be installed. L20B engine was just professionally rebuilt. 5 speed transmission. I don't have the skill to do the project at this point. Car is in overall decent shape. There's minor rust, non structural, and a dent in the driver front fender. Has Mazda RX-7 seats.

$4500 
Call 831-247-6969

NO TEXTS  
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 4375125792

posted: 

5 days ago  

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Avoid scams, deal locally Beware wiring (e.g. Western Union), cashier checks, money orders, shipping.

seems fair, if you are capable of installing engine and tranny

Datsun 510 wagon - $1 (ocala)

00T0T_1dLfRU7koww_600x450.jpg
00T0T_1dLfRU7koww_50x50c.jpg00A0A_eUUIuBn8syZ_50x50c.jpg00z0z_a6jzKT3rdFl_50x50c.jpg00W0W_hq79mlL4Qkt_50x50c.jpg

1972 datsun 510 odometer: 112title : clean

1972 Datsun 510 wagon original everything. 1.6 , 4sp ( original 13" steal wheels + factory hubcaps included) 

cons: window washer does not work. leaks water on to passenger side for through window seal. (no rust though) 

$6,000

txt/call -352-875-nine58six

tags:datsun bre ratsun 13b 510 jdm mazda rx3 rx2 b210 1200 sunny 12a rotary old skool toyota 3tc 1.8 turbo sr20det ka24de 240sx Silva classic rare

• do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 4372302440

posted: 

7 days ago  

updated: 

7 days ago  

email to friend

♥ best of [?]

Avoid scams, deal locally Beware wiring (e.g. Western Union), cashier checks, money orders, shipping.