What should I do? Advice needed

Here is my situation........

I have just built up an L-18. I have a nice U67 head with a BIG cam in it. I just rebuilt my L-16 which has an ported A87 head with a stock L-20 cam.

I want to mount that U67 head, so what would be better? Mount the U67 on the L-18 and put it in my truck? Or mount it to the L-16 that is in my truck?

Would I really be gaining enough HP to make the swap worth it? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!! :cool:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well My beater has a good motor w/cam but putting a weber DGV on there really killed it.

best to have TWIN CHOKE CARBS maybe some SUs if they are good for that head. But dont buy other peoples junk.

I put the Mikinis I had back on after I couldnt figure out why I had no idle. But idled fine after sidedrafts installed. I could not find leak after 3 differnt carbs. intake gasket carb gasket. 2 intakes

If you got a daily driver that reliable already dont worry about it.

I think the improvement will be under 6hp. But that is my opinion

Here is my situation........

I have just built up an L-18. I have a nice U67 head with a BIG cam in it. I just rebuilt my L-16 which has an ported A87 head with a stock L-20 cam.

I want to mount that U67 head, so what would be better? Mount the U67 on the L-18 and put it in my truck? Or mount it to the L-16 that is in my truck?

Would I really be gaining enough HP to make the swap worth it? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!! :cool:

You need help in "mounting", just kidding, had to say it:lol:

An L20 head on an L18 gives a CR of 7.65 and on an L16, a 6.8 CR. Also the U67 is open chamber and the L16 bore is 2mm smaller. You would need higher compression pistons and some head cutting to gain anything.

I was about to say that. I had an L18 with U67 head and a cam. Bad choice. My engine ran great but not all that powerful. No wonder!