What are you listening to???

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you've convinced me though, after reading al jorgensons book and listening to skinny puppy pretty heavy the last couple weeks, then listening to nin truly awful newest album, and the awful ones before that, I forgot what marilyn actually sounded like in.. I want to say '94 was when I saw them, portrait tour, antichrist was good, then went forgettable. well done

I still think they had waaay more influence on nin than mm. May be just me, but I've never considered mm industrial in any way. Bonus ? Now who would you say is kmfdm ripping off? I like where this thread is going.

I don't really know enough about KMFDN's history to comment. I stopped following industrial when grunge took off ha ha. I do know the European industrial scene in the 80 was dominated by Einstürzende Neubauten (had to look up the spelling on that one). Did they influence KMFDN? Got me, but they do have similar sound to the Split Sperm track.

The next big thing ante gonna come from playing CBGBs or Whiskey a go go. As you know social networking is were underground music and promotion are operating. Acts like Die Antwood wrote the book on net flogging something like Fatty Boom Boom and zef culture into meme status and bingo, they got underground fame. No label required. Bright little mother funkers and seriously lagit electronic rap BTW. 

The mythic underground fame of electronic Dub, Trance, Break, etc DJs like in Europe hasn't caught on in the US, but I think that's coming. Sense the 80s the US has always been 10 years behind in music, because the american music industry still has us by our little sheep balls. They control the quad M, mass media marketing machine. 

I predict the absolute decentralization of music will come in the form of electronic music. It offers an artist absolute control of every aspect of their music down to designing the sound of every instrument in a three dimensional virtual sound stage that fits in a laptop. Combine that with a growing antiestablishment culture in the interweb and the stage it set for the next big thing. All we need is a geek Mozart musical genius and the scene will explode. 

805b56137b655f85f7c122caa64c99d2.png

• Like 1

My son just turned me on to some new web crack.

http://www.letthemsi...oryou.com/songs

copy and paste this text into the field and hit play... See you in a few hours.

So I am rolling with my home boys in my sweet 5 10. With my mind on my money and my money on my mind. You can Kiss this ass toy older, because it's. dad sun all the way baby.