• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

when i come into this thread i usually go down a rabbit hole of whatever 

there are many young female drummers that are amazing 

the last one i posted is fun to watch she throws out some personality and makes the drumming look simple

• Like 1
13 hours ago, paradime said:

Thanks Ranman, that was an epic run of young female drum talent. Anyone who says this is a lost generation isn't paying attention. The little Norwegian and Japanese girl completely blew my mind. 

As for the greatest drummers of all time, I think Keith Moon is often overlooked because his style is so rhythmically complex, many people think it's a chaotic mess. His fills fragment and collide one into the other, but always remains in perfect time signature. Check this out this solo and ask yourself if any other drummer could do this. 

I seem to gravitate more towards what I would call "technical" drummers. In spanish I would say he is "estudiado" which means "studied"(It doesn't translates well). But in short, to me, this is another level of drummer. There are many great drummers out there and then there are elite drummers or professional drummers "IMO". Every hit is so clean, crisp, and effortless.

"Gavin Harrison"   Skip to minute 1:58 to skip intro & go straight to drum performance.

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 2