Need mechanic near Vancouver, WA

Hi there, first time posting on the forum.

I've just purchased a 1984 Datsun/Nissan 720 4x4 KC, only a couple weeks ago, from a guy south of Portland.

The truck has had some work done on it, but I'd like to have a mechanic or someone who really knows these trucks to give it a thorough evaluation. I'd like to know what needs to be done in the near and distant future. Anyone know of a good mechanic in the Vancouver, WA area?

While I knew that when I bought the truck I would start learning how to fix it, I'd like to get a baseline assessment first. Thanks for your time, and I look forward to being an active member of this community!

-Matt

• Like 1
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, thanks for all the enthusiasm.  I still haven't found a reliable mechanic in the area, although I did find one to give the truck a 50 point inspection...

And they found a whole bunch of crap, mostly front end issues (cv, bushings, etc), but also that I have a problem with my timing chain and a cracked timing chian case.  They want $1300 to replace them.  I nearly shit a brick.

So I figured this would be a great time to learn about my truck, and with a little help so I don't totally screw it up.  Anyone in the area still interested in mead/beer/etc?

Anyone replaced a timing chain kit? Cover? On a 720/Z24 engine?

I'm going to put this up as a separate post but I thought I'd ask yall first!