Where Can I get an A-Series Header?

Got on of those headers too. Had to be ground on a little to get er to fit and had the same issue with the steering box and needing to dimple the tube. As far as performance....couldn't tell ya but there is my 2 cents worth.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you are tracking the car,and twisting the snot out of the motor,a header not only will not help-it will hurt performance.Datsun engineers did a better job designing the manifolds than most think.If you do a before/after dyno test,at teh end of the day,you'll be sitting in a corner all by yourself beating your own skull in :crying: with the factory manifold.

One of my motorsports teachers used to race datsuns with A series motors... They had a very narrow power band from 7500-9000RPMs so thats about the only place a header would really benefit... that and weight.

I'll take your word for it! :P

any intrested? i can ask if could ship to U.S.. price is different then because then headers come for tax free... 280€-23%=215€ i ques.. shipping is different thing, i have no idea what that could cost.. i can do that... those are made in finland and quality is great like almost everything hand made in here thats the reason why everything here cost´s gold and moonrocks:P..

Datsun 100A, 120A, 1.2-1.4 (Datsun model E10/F10)

Datsun120Y, Sunny, Finn (Models B110,B210 and B310)

160, 180 (models 510,610,710,810 and 910)

E13, E15 (Models N10,N12 and B11 E-series engines)

240Z (S30)

I've got three different 1200 headers, two are NOS, and one is on an A12 in my 1200 that I'm planning on pulling out & selling to make way for twincam swap.... I'll pull 'em down off the shelf & take a few pics...(now don't anybody get anxious..I've been pretty busy) probably into selling them all...between 75-100$-ish?

I've got three different 1200 headers, two are NOS, and one is on an A12 in my 1200 that I'm planning on pulling out & selling to make way for twincam swap.... I'll pull 'em down off the shelf & take a few pics...(now don't anybody get anxious..I've been pretty busy) probably into selling them all...between 75-100$-ish?

Im interested. As long as it fits the A15 Head, It should, shouldn't it? Cause its from the same A-series Line up.

All A-series engines have the same exhaust bolt pattern.

But A14 & A15 have larger diameters passages.

This is the highest flowing factory manifold, from A15E engine:

4084.jpg

The small-diameter tube header would work better than the exhaust manifold on a stocker engine, but all the aftermarket headers are larger diameter.

You can get a typical tubular exhaust header from Bill's Datsun Shop.

All A-series engines have the same exhaust bolt pattern.

But A14 & A15 have larger diameters passages.

This is the highest flowing factory manifold, from A15E engine:

4084.jpg

The small-diameter tube header would work better than the exhaust manifold on a stocker engine, but all the aftermarket headers are larger diameter.

You can get a typical tubular exhaust header from Bill's Datsun Shop.

I heard from a little Bird that "Bill's Datsun Shop" doesnt make good headers that match up perfectly

• 1 month later...

here is one.. not even expensive :rolleyes:

http://www.tokyoseve...roducts_id=1360

Gotta love where they say they're getting 170hp from 1.3L. They're not kidding where they say, "professional race use..."

well here is :D and for LHD

http://www.freetechn...fi/peltipak.htm

I like that they have a 4-2-1 header. Too bad I can't decipher anything else on the page!