Ka24e Ecu swap?

socaldatsun

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Auto ECU is better than a manual ECU ... at least for a dohc, that is. I know that the M/T ecu leans out under wide open throttle, where as the A/T ecu tends to remain stoich under WOT. 

As for the FWD SOHC Stanza ECU ... I'm unsure.

Hey so I wanna swap out my Ecu for an auto Ecu. I've done some research and haven't found a for sure answer that I feel confident with. Any one know if the stanza sohc Ecu will work with the 240sx motor? I know there is one in the yard for sure so I wanna pull it tomorrow.

As long as it's a S13 to S13 or S14 to S14 yeah you can go from auto to manual from my experiance.  It's been years since I've looked into the Stanza ECU but from what I remember it's pined out different.  I should really spend the time and go and look.  For the single cam KA's you want the number 11 ECU as for dual cams I've never noticed a difference.  

Auto ECU is better than a manual ECU ... at least for a dohc, that is. I know that the M/T ecu leans out under wide open throttle, where as the A/T ecu tends to remain stoich under WOT. 

As for the FWD SOHC Stanza ECU ... I'm unsure.

How many data points did you take to find out that the M/T leans out under wide open throttle?  I've never noticed a difference when driving a dual cam car with either ECU.  Did you swap parts around on the same car?  I'm very interested.  

How many data points did you take to find out that the M/T leans out under wide open throttle?  I've never noticed a difference when driving a dual cam car with either ECU.  Did you swap parts around on the same car?  I'm very interested.  

To tell you the truth, I have not verified this myself. I read somewhere on 240sxtech that someone had proved this.

I'm surprised. Many engines richen up (not stoich) on WOT. Protects the engine, makes more power, and exempt from EPA testing. Stoich is not good for power or fuel economy only good for emissions control.

Yeah, 14.7 just makes the hottest mixture for emission (or a bright lamp). If 14.7 is ran under boost on a turbo engine, it will flat out melt. For power at wide open, you want to be in the neighborhood of 12.5. Some of today's improved combustion chambers make best power closer to 13.0. If a factory ecu is going leaner than 14.7 under hard power, then there is something wrong with the ecu, because they did not set it up like that (emission reasons)

Now, as a rule of thumb, both auto and manual ecu will work in a manual car, but if your car is auto, the ecu controls the shift points, which a manual will not have. Also, many times an auto ecu will have a 'switch' to sense whether or not the car is in gear, thus raising the idle, this can all be fixed though.

• Like 1

A Stanza ECU works in the sohc trucks.  I tested that on my red hardbody.  It had rather odd shift point drops though and the IAC idled way too high.  Driveable, but removed it after a short time.  I think the 240 motor and trimmings would probably work better with it.  That's what I'm going to attempt to run my KADE for the 510 on, is an Altima system since they're a heck of a lot easier to find.

• Like 1